Lumpy breast implant after breastfeeding

I have silicone breast implants for 11 years, had 2 babies and breatfed without problems for 2 years. I have lost a lot of weight after pregnancies. Now my right breast feels a bit lumpy but no pain. It is like I can feel my implants more than before but definitive some lumpiness close to the nipple and on the edge. My right nipple seems to be lower than before pregnancies also. What should I do?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Breast changes after pregnancy

It is very common to have changes in your breasts after pregnancy, with or without implants. These changes include sagging and drooping of the skin because your actual breast tissue is used up by the process of breast-feeding and is gone forever.  It is not unusual for this to be a symmetric as in your case. If you are feeling lumps in your breast, this is not likely due to the implants but your own actual breast tissue.  It is common for women with breast implants to come back after they are done having children and have a secondary augmentation to increase size to make up for lost breast tissue and/or have a breast lift to correct the sagging and deflation your best option is to see a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery and discuss your concerns 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon