Best FaceLift procedure for thin saggy face? (photos)

I am 65, slim, with a long face, It has been suggested to me that fat grafts would not be very successful in my case as I do not have (quality or quantity) of good fat supplies. I have been contemplating a face lift for many years and fat grafting to deep folds and lack of volume has been suggested but this comment about the success of this procedure is confusing. Healing time for nose surgery at my age.

Facelift Benefits Thin, Saggy Faces

The lax, sagging skin that is evident in your photos is best treated by a traditional face lift. A facelift will also tighten your neck skin and give definition to your jawline. Fat grafting can help fill out your cheeks, which have lost volume with age. As long as you are healthy and follow your surgeon's post operative guidelines, you should be back to most of your normal activities approximately 2 weeks after receiving either a facelift or rhinoplasty. Both will take approximately year to fully appreciate the final results. Good luck.

Facelift With Fat Grafting

From the submitted photos, it appears that you are an excellent candidate for a facelift and fat grafting.  The lift will address the sagging jowls and will help tighten the neck.  You might even want to consider a platysmaplasty which will directly address the neck muscles and give you a more defined jawline.  More excess skin can be removed as well.  Fat grafting can be done to improve the volume loss that occurs with aging as well.  The lip lines that are present can be partially improved by adding volume (fat) at the same time.  Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can discuss your options with you.  

Facelift With Fat Grafting, Possible to Add Rhinoplasty

I would consider you an ideal candidate for a facelift, with relaxation both in the neck and around the mouth that would be greatly improved with surgery. I do incorporate some fat grafting around the mouth where fat is lost with age in all but the thinnest patients, and I find it is helpful — but not essential. I have combined facelift and rhinoplasty in the same patient many times. With both, I would expect you to feel comfortable socially within about 2 weeks.

You look like you are an excellent candidate for a facelift (including your neck). Fat grafting would also benefit you. Normally, we can harvest adequate fat even in thin patients. There are other alternatives to the fat including implants and synthetic fillers. Your surgeon should go over your different alternatives. A rhinoplasty could be performed at the time of your facelift. This should not interfere with the healing of your face.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Macs Lift & Blepharoplasty &Platysmaplasty

Platysmaplasty ( commonly referred  as a neck lift, is a form of cosmetic plastic surgery involving tightening and removing skin from the human neck) together with Macs Lift.
Usually we combine neck liposuction,eyelid blepharoplasty with Macs Lifting procedure to achieve a better result.
Pls consult with a board certified member.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Thank you for submitting your question. You are a good candidate for a facelift with some skin looseness, some soft tissue laxity, and some deflation in soft tissue in the cheek. If you are in good overall health you should heal fine from surgery. Be sure to find a board certified surgeon that performs at least 100 facelifts per year. 
Best of luck to you!Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Facelift procedure for thin face

I agree that procedures short of surgery will not work well in your case.  Fat grafting can be added to a face-lift procedure though, and may help the cheek contours as well as the nasolabial folds.  Recovery should not be a big challenge if you are otherwise healthy.  The lip lines can benefit from other procedures, such as laser, fat injection or fillers.  Each has pros/cons that you may wish to consider to enhance your overall result. 

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best Facelift for thin saggy face

Hello and thank you for your question.You appear to be fairly typical of many patients I see in my practice.Essentially the sagging is addressed by the surgery, and the 'thin' face is a combination of thin and volume depleted, which happens with age.So, we need to keep you looking like you and your face fitting in with the look of the rest of your body. If you are thin and then have a very full, filled face, the whole look may not be a natural look for you. So, here a face-to-face consult with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon is the next step so you and your Surgeon know what you are planning to achieve.With regard to the volumising or plumping. I currently am not in favour of fat grafting for a number of reasons, including unreliable results and unreliable longevity. The lack of volume would probably be addressed by fillers which approximate a natural filled look, and need to be replaced every year or so.So, it's a mixture of surgical and non-surgical techniques needed to address your concerns. The discussion with your Plastic Surgeon is crucial to the plan for you, as an online forum like this can only touch at the outer layers. You can see how individually-tailored the plan needs to be.I hope this has been of value for you and wish you well in your journey.

Face Lift for thin face

Thank you for your question.  You do have typical signs of facial aging including laxity of the structures in the neck and jowling.  There are perioral lines as well.  A facelift will address the jowling and neck laxity.  In my experience, it appears that your neck will be best improved with a submental incision with subplatysmal contouring including partial shave to the submandibular gland, digastric muscle and subplatymsal fat with platysma tightening in the midline.  To avoid recurrence of the platysmal bands, I would recommend division of the platysma muscle low in the neck.  Fat grafting is a good adjunct to facelift surgery and most people have at least a small amount of fat to harvest some tissue.  The lines around the mouth would have to be addressed by some type of resurfacing since they will not be addressed by the facelift alone.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Considerations for a facelift

From the photos you posted you are an excellent candidate for a facelift and can expect good correction of sagging skin, jowling and neck laxity.  Your nasolabial folds may benefit from volume augmentation, which could be performed concurrently.  As long as you are in good health, you should heal well from nose surgery or facelift.  I tell patients to expect two weeks from time to surgery to resume normal daily activities.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon