Asian rhinoplasty using ultra soft silicone, complications in the future? (Photos)

I want to get rhinoplasty done in south Korea using ultra soft silicone for bridge augmentation and cartilage for tiplasty. I am worried about complications with synthetic implants (infection, extrusion) in the future. I don't want to use autologous grafts for bridge augmentation as I know they can be absorbed leaving an irregular appearance. I only want to do rhino once, but will not mind having revision every decade or so. Will removing the implant later cause irreversible damage?

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Asian Rhinoplasty with autologous grafts

I feel very strongly that synthetic materials should be not be placed in your nose during Asian rhinoplasty. Personally, the best way to achieve permanent results in the safest manner is by undergoing Asian rhinoplasty with autologous grafts - tissue from your own body.  Grafts from your own tissue will have a much lower rate of complications than synthetic implants such as silicone, Gore-tex or Medpore.The best way to determine what specific changes will look good on your face, and what changes are surgically possible, is to do your research to find the top Asian rhinoplasty specialists and consult with several of them in person.  During your consultation, your photos can be computer-morphed to show how the changes to your nose will affect your appearance.  An Asian rhinoplasty specialist will have the experience to determine whether the morphed images are surgically attainable.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

Hi Yasminn.s,

Silicone implant had been long used for Asian Rhinoplasty (more than 5 decades actually), and so far the incidence of complications such as extrusion, is very rare. However, if it really bothers you, the other option is to use silicone for the bridge, then septal cartilage for the tip as septal cartilage has very low chance or resorption (almost 0 chance).

Regarding the use of different types of silicone for the bridge, it really doesn't matter, what matters is the expertise of the surgeon who will perform the procedure. 

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for building the bridge in Asian rhinoplasty

If you are worried about implant problems in the future but you also do not want to use your own tissues, the only option you have is to correct the tip area using your own tissues and leave the bridge alone. I don't agree that autogenous tissues give many problems, but there's always some risk to any procedure you have done. Good luck!

Charles S. Lee, MD