Crooked Asian nose? (Photos)

Hello. I'm an Asian male, and I've been wanting rhinoplasty for a long time now. What can be done about my type of nose? It has a bump that sticks out on the left side of my nasal bone and it gives my nose a crooked appearance which makes me self conscious some times. I also want to have a more pronounced bridge appearance, and raise the tip a bit. I want to do this with cartilage graft.

Asian Rhinoplasty

You are a good candidate for Asian rhinoplasty. It will definitely improve the concerns you listed. 
Reshaping the nose during Asian rhinoplasty does require a great deal of technical expertise, but is something that is done frequently by a rhinoplasty specialist experienced with Asian noses. Based on your photos you will be able to achieve the changes you seek by using grafts from your own body (rib cartilage, fascia) to augment your bridge, refine your tip, and reduce the size of your ala.

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian rhinoplasty for a crooked nose

Thank you for the photos, it looks like you might benefit from what is known as a spreader graft between the septum in the upper lateral cartilages. The cartilage use for this can come from your ear or the septum itself. In your particular case you can seek consultation from someone who performs Asian rhinoplasty frequently or simply someone who performs a lot of rhinoplasty in general.  I enjoy Asian rhinoplasty in my pracitce quite a lot.   I also think Umang Metha, MD would be a good source for you.  Certainly you may need additional techniques to reach your goals after your rhinoplasty but I think that would be clearer with an in person consultation.

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Childhood trauma can damage growth centers of the nose with the end result being a crooked nose, either internally, externally or both. Nasal surgery can correct a recent injury, a historic injury or any crookedness in the nose inherited through a family trait. I suggest that you move forward to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

The nose is crooked in the middle vault between the bones and the tip;.  The bone may also need adjustment.  Dorsal augmentation with diced cartilage in fascia is the most predictable and safe way of accomplishing this.  The tip will need additional cartilaginous support as well. The source of the cartilage will depend on a number of factors

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the photos and what you desire can be accomplished in the hands of an expert in the field.  So go on some complimentary consultations, look at photos, compare fees and find your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Crooked Asian Nose

The irregularities can be removed, the tip narrowed and refined, and the bridge augmented with diced cartilage fascia grafts. For over 35 years I've avoided the use of synthetic implants which can move and extrude. Consult with surgeons who show you natural results in noses like yours.

Rhinoplasty for the crooked male Asian nose.

your multiple asymmetries can be corrected by removing the excess bone that is protruding  as well as raising your bridge, and increasing your tip projection. I do this  with your own septal cartilage as well as soft tissue. No foreign materials are used. See a very experienced surgeon who does these sorts of surgeries frequently and produces natural results. 

Rhinoplasty for a crooked Asian nose

From the limited photographs presented, there appears to be a dorsal hump present at the bony cartilaginous junction which can be filed down with a closed rhinoplasty procedure. In addition, the upper lateral cartilage on the same side is concave and dislocated off of the nasal bone creating a crooked appearance in the midportion of the nose. A cartilaginous spreader graft harvested from inside the nose can accomplish making that upper- lateral cartilage convex, like the opposite side to make the nose more symmetrical and straight. For more information about spreader placement and many  before and after results, please see the link and the video below