Nostrils showing too much in frontal view aka piggy nose, is it possible to correct this? (photos)

I was wondering what could be done to nostrils that are showing too much at the frontal view, aka piggy nose. I would like to achieve the noses in the second picture onwards where the nostrils are highly not visible when seen from the frontal view and was wondering if it's possible? I'm Asian by the way. Thank you.

Asian nose characteristic and solutions

This is a very common question for Asian patients. In many cases, Asians have short, low, bulbous nose, and sunken mid-face (laugh lines.) Many people consider 1. silicone / 2. septal cartilage + silicone / 3. silicone + ear cartilage / 4. Full rib cartilage. If you have low height in nose, you probably do not have enough septal cartilage to harvest. Ear cartilage is only used to cover the tip of the nose. While there are many different choices of materials, I highly recommend rib cartilage rhinoplasty because it can create a whole new structure and project the tip out. Silicone material is only added to increase the height of the bridge, not to enhance the nose structure. Therefore, solely adding silicone to the nose will not change "piggy nose" to a beautiful and harmonized nose. Rib cartilage can be harvested enough from the rib and therefore enough amounts to build structure, tip, bridge, and columella. This way you will achieve your preferred shape of nose with harmonized ratio.

South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

Tip refinement and increased tip projection will help to create a more attractive frontal view and bring a better balance to your frontal and profile. When seeking maximal tip refinement during Asian rhinoplasty, sometimes additional structural support is needed to achieve the projection and definition necessary to get the most refinement. It would be possible to achieve further refinement with rib cartilage as opposed to the septal cartilage and ear cartilage.

During an in-person consultation with an Asian rhinoplasty specialist computer-morphing can be performed to give you a better sense of what these changes will have on your appearance. Obtaining your previous operative note and consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist would be helpful.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Very doable

This is very doable. From the looks of your photo you would need an open rhinoplasty with cartilage grafts to reshape the tip and nostrils. Make sure that you consult with several experienced surgeons that specialize in rhinoplasty for asians. Also ask to see several before and after photos of patients similar to you.

Best Regards,

Dr. John Shamoun

John Milam Shamoun, MD FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon