Had open umbilical hernia repair with mesh yesterday afternoon. Popping feeling; could this be tacks from mesh separating?

Today I have a weird "popping" feeling in my core. Could this be the tacks from the mesh separating? or is it just the CO2 that they put in me to do the operation?

Early hernia question

Thanks for your inquiry, please call your surgeon to discuss, it is very early and he/she will know ho to answer your question best.  

Hernia question

The noise that you heard is unlikely due to the CO2 used and could be due to a variety of things, including suture or mesh tearing through.  It may be neither.  Have your surgeon examine you to see.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon