Fluid pockets in my stomach area, advice? (photos)

I'm 6weeks post op, liposuction . I've been getting my lymphatic drainage massages. My doctors assistance said it looked like fluid pockets, I needed more compression from my garment. I just started wearing my garment without my ab board & foams Monday. I said I was going to give it a week to see if the tighter garment . I have a few choices go back to Miami & let them drain them , my primary care doctor or his nurse Tell me does it look like fluid pockets ?

Fluid pockets after liposuction

Thanks for your inquiry, large fluid pockets are not common after liposuction, but rather swelling in the tissues itself.  I suggest you call your surgeon in Miami and discuss your options and best of luck.  

Fluid pockets in my stomach area, advice?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your surgery.   Sizeable fluid pockets after liposuction are rare and I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  If equivocal, ultrasound can be used to identify any that may require treatment at that time.  Hope this helps.

Fluid pockets after Tummy Tuck

Dear Sexybodyback905,

Thank you for your pictures.  I would recommend that you speak with your surgeon in Miami and most likely go back to follow up with him or her.  This would give you the best chance to have successful resolution of your issues.

Best wishes

Fluid pocket after liposuction?

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• Unfortunately, one can't diagnose a seroma (fluid pocket) from a photograph.
  • But it can be diagnosed by an ultrasound study.
  • Ask your regular doctor to order an ultrasound of the abdomen
  • If there is no free fluid, you are swollen and need to give it lost more time to subside.
  • If there is free fluid, that is problem because one removal of the fluid won't be enough.
  • You should contact your surgeon in Miami for her/his advice but -
  • The best thing probably would be to see if s/he knows or can contact a local plastic surgeon willing to treat you for this.
  • It will cost money but much less than multiple trips to Miami.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

DrDErby

Thank you for your question. It is very important to discuss this with your physician to say what he/she feels. An if they say that you need to come to them , i would do so. Best of luck  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD