Droopy/uneven eyes (Photo)

I have stigmatism in my right eye. I am wondering what procedure if any could fix them so that they will appear more symmetrical. My left eye is significantly droopier and left eyebrow has an arch that moves more than my right.. For now I want to focus on my eyes though since recently I have been having trouble with my left and it has been twitching and impairing my vision to where I am consistently aware of my eyelid in my vision.

Doctor Answers 8

Droopy uneven eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It appears that you have both drooping of the L upper eyelid as well as a bit too much exposure of the right lower eyelid.  Some of hat is due to the R side compensating for the ptosis on the L.

You would be best consulting with a surgeon who has interest and capabilities in the eye area and the mid face to address these issues.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 194 reviews

Droopy eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  Based on the picture provided, there is ptosis (droopiness) of the left upper eyelid.  The brow muscle (frontalis muscle), besides having evolved for human expression and animation, also acts as a "pulley" to help lift and prevent a droopy lid from blocking the pupils.  In your case, the left brow is compensating for the droopy lid.  Ptosis surgery can fix your condition.  Best wishes. 

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy/uneven eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The asymmetry is actually from left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy upper eyelid) which forces the same side eyebrow to assist lifting the droopy eyelid and hence the eyebrow raises. The treatment is left upper lid ptosis surgery. See following video and link. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

Appears to be a left eyelid ptosis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

By reviewing your pictures, it appears you have a ptosis of the left lid.  This is a condition in which your levator is either stretched or torn and needs correction.  You seem to be lifting the left brow to subconsciously compensate.  This can be improved surgically with a thirty minute outpatient procedure.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

This is left upper eyelid ptosis.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Repairing the upper eyelid ptosis may or many not have any bearing on your vision.  However, ptosis repair will help the appearance.  Generally fixing the ptosis will lead to a relaxation of the left eyebrow which has a compensatory lift.  There are two basic ways of doing ptosis surgery: Anterior and posterior.  I suspect that you need an anterior levator ptosis repair with an anchor blepharoplasty.  This is an advanced methods and not available in every market.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It appears from your pictures there may be some ptosis of the upper lid. This can be surgically repaired usually without much difficulty. Your brow seems to be compensating for this loss of tone in the upper lid. Find a surgeon whom addresses your needs but this can be safely performed by a plastic surgeon/facial plastic surgeon/oculoplastic surgeon. Best wishes!

Droopy Eyelid

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello, it appears you may have ptosis of the left upper lid. You should have a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to best determine  your options. Best of luck!

Uneven eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You appear to have ptosis of your left upper eyelid.  This occurs when a muscle in the upper eyelid becomes weakened and this causes the eyelid to fall lower across the eyeball than it should.  Normally, this can be repaired with surgery.  The eyebrow is higher on that side to compensate for the lower lid.  I would recommend seeing an oculoplastic surgeon, or a facial plastic or plastic surgeon that has experience with ptosis surgery.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.