I want to know what's wrong with my left eye and if it is something serious?

Okay, I have started noticing that my left eye is slightly bulging and doesn't have the eyelid crease like the right one. It looks slightly larger too. Also when I pull the eyelid upward to see the white part of the eye, I can see like an indent on my right eye that I don't see on my left eye. My left eye feels kind of stiff, but my right eye feels soothing, my vision is really good and I don't need glasses. It will be a great help to tell me how to fix this I will be really grateful. Thankyou

Doctor Answers 5

Bulging Eye

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Suzzane,

Without a photo, it is impossible to understand your problem.  Please send photos.  Or, I would be happy to see you in consultation.


Dr. Yagoda

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want to know what's wrong with my left eye and if it is something serious?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello. Without a photo it is difficult to tell what is going on and what your options may be. Your best starting point woud be to meet with a experienced plastic surgeon and ask what your options are. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Left eye problem

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your question. Based on your given information, I would say that you should go to a board-certified surgeon for check-up. It could be only swellings or could be a serious problem. 

However, do not ignore it as it could become more serious problem such as Corneal Abrastion, which may be a possible side effect from Upper Blepharoplasty, or Mucosal injury.

The description does not tell the story other than the concern that something is going on here.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I strongly recommend that you see your ophthalmologist or a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  They will be able to assess your concerns and obtain appropriate studies to get to the bottom of what is going on.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Eyelid evaluation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 172 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.