What is best bra to wear while healing an open wound at the "T" spot after breast lift? (photos)

I've been told to wear a fitted front hook bra but it's painful at the wound site. Also, I would think pulling the breast up opens the wound more and prevents healing? Also, is it a good idea to "air" out at night or keep wound covered? Thanks in advance!

Breast lift - best bra while incisions heal

Thank you for your question about your breast lift.

If the bra is painful, do not wear it.
I find a soft cotton bra with no underwire usually works well.
Keep the incision protected with a moist gauze while it heals.
Let your surgeon know if you do this - s/he may have some additional suggestions.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

No underwire

Thanks for your question and the photo. I'm sorry for the frustration, but I'm sure you've been told that this area often does this. The actual bra you choose is not as important as the one you avoid. That namely is the underwire bra which can add pressure to the wound and delay healing. Any soft bra without an underwire is fine. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Dressings for open wound after lift

In general, it is usually advisable to place a dressing, and to provide support, but not tension on the healing wound.  I would highly recommend following up with your plastic surgeon, so that he or she may guide you on the best type of dressing and support as you continue to heal.  Best Wishes.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon