I am 18 years old and my breasts are sagging. What can I do? (Photo)

I lost about 40lbs a couple years ago, so I think that's why they are like this. I wear a 34D or a 36C and I'm fine with the size, just not the shape or "perkiness"

Breast lift candidate

Thank you for your question. You would definitely benefit from a breast lift, which reduces the skin envelope while reshaping the breast tissue into a more youthful and perky shape. Sometimes implants can also be added for more volume, but this increases the complexity of the operation and recovery and so must be done by someone with a lot of experience. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in these procedures.

Breast Lift

You would benefit from a lift and this is not unusual even for someone of your age. Seek out a PS in your area and go from there.

A "lollipop" breast lift is the answer

Hello!

Congratulations on your weight loss! Now that your body is healthier, your breasts can be made symmetric with beautiful shape and nipple position with a "lollipop" breast lift. This technique is so named because of the lollipop shape of the scar - it encircles the areola and then goes straight down the center of the bottom of your breasts. There's no better method to perform a lift, and you don't need to have the "Wise" pattern scar (the lollipop with an extra "anchor" shaped scar in the under-fold of your breasts).

With your skin tone, I anticipate that your scars will heal well. Laser scar therapy (with Nd:YAG or fractionated non-ablative lasers can take out the pinkness) can accelerate healing and fading of your scars. Surgery is not painful, and recovery is about a week or less with full return to unrestricted activity in about a month.  Breast lift surgery is one of the most satisfying procedures for my patients because of the fantastic results.  

All the beast in your search!
- Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Breast Options

Congrats on the weight loss. For the best opinion you need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon. Most important is finding the plastic surgeon with the most experience to achieve the results you want. Here is some general information:
BREAST LIFT (MASTOPEXY)WHO IS A CANDIDATE
  • If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, weight loss, or aging.
  • If the sagging is expected to be present after an implant.
  • If your nipple-areolar complexes (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged or not similar.
INTENDED RESULTA mastopexy or breast-lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for breasts that sag but are not overly large. Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as a part of aging. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis (sagging). Some patients will achieve a better breast shape if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy.
Results can include:
  • An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
  • Nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height and similar location

Minimal scar breast lift

Thank you for your question and helpful photo.

The Horndeski Method is a current technique that does not rely on the skin envelope alone to provide shape and does not rely on breast implants for upper pole fullness. Please view the attached video to see an example. Ugly vertical incisions are now a thing of the past.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

You would do great with a lift

Best option for you is to have a breast lift using a superior pedicle that then augments your breast projection with it's own tissue (called an auto-augmentation).  You will do wonderful and feel much better about your breasts.  Make sure you go to someone that gets gorgeous breast results.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Breast Lift

Hello, thanks for your picture and for your questions. I would say that a breast lift will give you the shape that you want, you might have it with or without implants. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question.  Once the position of the nipple falls below the crease of the breast, some version of a breast lift is best.  In the picture, it does appear you will need a breast lift.  With a breast lift, some of the skin and tissue are removed to shape the breast, which will slightly decrease your breast size.  If you wish to maintain your size or slightly increase it a small breast implant is an option.

William L. Reno, III, MD
Hattiesburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast tightning and contouring is needed

You need to have your nipple-areola moved to a higher location and skin tightening and a breast lift. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Lift

It is likely that the weight loss may have contributed to your deflation.  A lift would probably suffice. Best of luck.