Breast lift on 36DDD?? (photos)

Hello. I am a 26 yr. Old female 5'4. I am totally frustrated about my bust! I am a 36DDD natural. I have always had large breasts... I was 36C in 6th grade... My breast are very sensitive and hurt when they are touched and they sag. It doesn't matter how thin I get..the bust is the same. Especially.My back hurts and they feel uncomfortable and painful when I don't wear a bra.. when I walk around without a bra I cup my breast in my hand... Any suggestions? I have Kaiser insurance.

Breast Reduction

A breast reduction will lift and reduce your breasts. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in cosmetic breast surgery.

When you have symptoms attributable to heavy breasts

insurances will cover a reduction procedure, even Kaiser.  Your primary doctor can refer you to a Kaiser plastic surgeon and an exam will confirm if your breasts are 'heavy enough' to have this procedure.  It will impact your ability to breast feed so you will have to consider that along with the scarring and other risks before just jumping on board.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift on 36DDD??

You are not alone. Many women with large breasts complain of neck, back and shoulder pain, and have difficulty fitting clothing. Breast reduction surgery lifts the breasts and reduces the volume, allowing better shape and size as well as substantially increased comfort. We know from experience that our breast reduction patients are among our happiest. Ask to be referred to an experienced plastic surgeon. All the best.

Breast lift on 36DDD??

You need to get a referral from your primary physician to the Kaiser Plastic Surgeon. You should easily qualify for a breast reduction (which includes a lift).

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Lift on 36DDD?

Thank you for your question. Based on your history and symptoms, you would likely be a very good candidate for breast reduction. Both the breast lift (mastopexy) and breast reduction procedures are performed using similar incision patterns. However, reduction involves a reshaping of the entire breast from within, and in my experience maintains the post-operative shape better. It sounds as though you are ready to be considerably smaller, and reduction would achieve this while reshaping the breasts to a higher, more youthful position. As always, try to work with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck to you.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Breast reduction

Hello and thank you for your question in the photo. Based upon your concerns a breast reduction would be your best option. As opposed to a breast lift a reduction not only reshapes your breasts but makes them smaller and lighter. A breast lift with only reshape your breast and correct the sagging but not reduce the size. In your case that might not be enough to improve your discomfort level.It is true that breast reductions are sometimes covered by your health insurance for functional reasons. You should check with your insurance provider to see if they cover this.As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and lift

You are describing the exact things women have breast reductions to solve. There are permanent scars involved but in the hands of the best plastic surgeons, usually the benefits far outweigh the scars.Look at lots of photos and specifically from doctors whom you interview because you only get one great opportunity for the best result.

Breast reduction

You are describing complaints that are very common in patients with very large breasts. Breast reduction is a very common procedure that in most cases resolves most of these issues. If you consider reduction to relieve the symptoms you mentioned you are most likely going to be happy with your decision. However the draw back is the scarring involved in breast reduction. Kaiser does cover breast reduction surgery when appropriate. You should check with your primary to see if your symptoms warrant surgery.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank you for sharing your question. It sounds like you may be a candidate for a breast reduction rather than a breast lift. Your surgeon can take some measurements that will help you make a decision. A breast lift is considered a cosmetic procedure where a breast reduction is often covered by your health insurance as long as you meet certain medial criteria. 

John Allan Ness, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon