How much would it cost to treat gynecomastia in New Jersey? (Photo)

Estimated Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery in New Jersey

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment.  Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.

It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Prices

My advice is to call around to qualified, experienced American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeons.  They can give you a range of prices, but ultimately it you will likely have to go in for a in person consultation to get more precise quotes for your specific needs.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Gynecomastia Pricing

• Gynecomastia reduction cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA and Canada.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures such as lipo also be also performed during the same surgery?
#GyncomastiaReductionPricing

How much would it cost to treat gynecomastia in New Jersey?

Ranges in price from a board certified plastic surgeon are approximately between $5,000 to $7,000. It is important you select a surgeon with experience and can provide you with many photos of before and after patients. Good luck. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Cost of gynecomastia surgery in New Jersey

Each surgeon sets his/her own fees, there isn't a set rate. Fees can vary depending on the experience of the surgeon, where the surgery is to be done and additionally there will be a fee for the anesthesiologist.  Most importantly you want to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia. Be sure to see many before and after pictures so that you know what kind of results you can expect.Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. 

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.