Can a free nipple graft be revised after male breast reduction surgery? (photos)

I am 6-months post op from brachioplasty and male breast reduction surgery with FNG and 1-week post op tummy tuck. Prior to the tummy tuck my nipple was about 2-3 inches higher. Now it is very low, too low. I know I've lost muscle mass in preparation for the TT, but not even a million bench presses can bring my nipple 3 inches higher. Is it possible for my PS to re-position the nipple a second time during my final surgery?

When to Consider a Revision to Gynecomastia Surgery

Your #incisions will go through a maturation process following #Gynecomastia surgery . For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. 

Repeat nipple graft

Yes it can be repeated, probably. It looks like the nipple was placed in the middle of the scar. As long as there is still a little skin laxity the nipple can be removed and re-grafted down in a higher position.

Revision Nipple Grafting

Hi tru_talent1,
Thanks for the post and photo. Yes your FNG can be revised. Given that you are 6 months post op I would recommend that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Can a free nipple graft be revised after male breast reduction surgery?

Your concerns are certainly understandable. Yes, revisionary surgery (re positioning of the nipple/areola complexes) may be helpful to you.  Best wishes.

Maybe

It look like you could have the extra tissue that is hanging below your fold excised and the scar hidden in that fold to help the contour improve.  The nipple can be re-grafted and if there are issues, you can always consider 3-D nipple areolar tattooing as an option.  They look incredible.

Nipple position

Thank you for your question and the nipple can be regrafted though it will undoubtedly add additional scarring

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD