Fat transfer to fix sunken eyes? (photos)

Easily the most hated feature of my body lifelong has been the circular lines coming from the inside of my nose and around the bottoms of my eyes. I feel it makes me look much older than a woman in her 20s should look. I would like to have a permanent solution to this, so I've been looking into fat transfer, but I nearly always see it preformed on older clients. Would this be a feasible solution, or are there other permanent options that would be better suited?

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP, fat can all be used to augment this area. I suggest seeing an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat transfer to fix sunken eyes?

I worry about you. You seem to dislike your eyes so much that you might do something that is not reversible that makes you look worse. Maybe forever if you are trying for permanent. Excellent advice is to try an HA filler that can be reversed if need be. HA fillers in that location last up to 4 years. Fat is treacherous in that location, it can grow and it is very difficult to remove. Moreover in eyes that have your shape I've never liked how fat looks. Best of luck.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Under the Eyes in Young Patients

Transferring fat to the face is a very nice way to augment volume to under-filled areas. One potential variable, especially in a person of your age, is the unpredictable changes that can occur in the face with aging and weight fluctuations. Gaining weight after fat transfer can potentially result in an over-filled appearance to the treated areas. In a 20-year-old patient, the likelihood of these fluctuations is potentially significant. Whereas I think fat transfer is an option for you, I would consider starting off with a vial or two of hyaluronic acid fillers. This will give you the opportunity to determine if this additional volume is indeed something that you are satisfied with - if yes, great - fat would still be an option for a more permanent fill; if no - fine, the filler is not permanent and can even be treated with hyaluronidase. Best of luck!

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Options for sunken eyes

Options for your under eye area include filler injection, fat injection, lower blepharoplasty, and tear trough implant. There are pros and cons for each. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial fat transfer

Your best bet is to get a few in person consultations with very talented board-certified plastic surgeon's who have expertise in facial aesthetics surgery.
Preferably surgeons who have many years of experience and reputation with facial aesthetics.There are a variety of ways to address your concern.
These could include a lower eyelid blepharoplasty, fat transfer, fats transposition, and mid facelift, cheek implants etc. etc.Fat transfer or fat grafting to the area describe can be tricky and inconsistent.
Many plastic surgeons avoid doing it.
Youthful faces like your own are not very tolerant to imperfections from the procedure.
Mats Hagstrom,M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD