I had a fat transfer about 3 yrs ago. I now have a yellow circle under my left eye which I try to hide with make up (Photo)

My own fat was injected under both eyes, one eye ha a yellow vircle under it. Can that be fixed? Will it ever go away?

Doctor Answers 5

Yellow Spot Under Eye -- Fat Transfer?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This looks more like xanthelasma but could be fat if injected as microdroplets.  I suggest you see an expert to evaluate the treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Yellow circle

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, and thank you for posting a photo along with your question. I agree with my colleagues below and it seems as though this fat is superficial and this will not resolve on its own, especially this far out. I also agree that you should re-visit with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns with him and see what his recommendations are.
Ankur Mehta MD

I had a fat transfer about 3 yrs ago.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This appears to be fat that was place too superficially and is in the superficial dermis. Contact the surgeon who did the procedure about revising the area.

Yellow circle

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This is likely fat that was placed superficial. Sometimes it can be removed.  Best of luck...........

Yellow Circle Under Eye 3 Years after Fat Graft

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is very unlikely that the "yellow circle" will resolve 3 years after your surgery. It probably is fat in the superficial layer of your skin which can be removed. Consult with your surgeon.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 40 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.