BBL after c-section?

I am due to have my 2nd child via c section December 1st how long should I wait before getting the bbl??? I'm going to Miami not sure 100% what doctor yet

BBL after c-section?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions,

It is recommended that must wait six months to a year to give time to the uterus return to its original size and allow the skin that had stretched back to its normal situation.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!

I would recommend waiting at least 6 months after having a baby for your body and hormones to get back to your pre-pregnancy state and to allow time for your C-section incision to fully heal. This gives the body time to recover and hormone levels to get back to close to normal. If you are not back to your pre-pregnancy weight, I would wait even longer to try and shed those extra pounds before electing surgery. My advice to you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can get a full body examination and come up with the best plan for you. I hope this helps.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & ScienceĀ 

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6-12 months after you finish breast feeding prior to undergoing elective surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz