Have I ruined my Tummy Tuck?

I had a successful tummy tuck 2 years ago. Since then I have gained a significant amount of weight somewhere about 20-25 lbs. I am now experiencing a bit of pain in my stomach area. I'm hoping that I haven't done any significant damage. Now that I've begun working what excercises should I do to ensure that my abdominal muscles stay put?

Weight Gain After Tummy Tuck

Thank you very much for your question. Significant weight fluctuations can alter the benefits of an abdominoplasty. However, it is unlikely that you have done any permanent damage to the skin or tissue on your stomach. Incorporating a regular exercise routine and healthy diet will help to maintain your tummy tuck results. If you have any further concerns, contact your operating surgeon or schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination.

Weight Gain After Tummy Tuck

Thank you for posting your question. I do not believe that you have done any significant damage to your tummy tuck after gaining some weight. I recommend that you return to the gym and improve your diet. Also, you can enlist the help of a personal trainer. Try and take one day at a time. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Tummy tuck and weight gain

Do not worry, you have not done anything irreversible.  Find a good personal trainer and get your old shape back.  Good luck and I know you can do it!

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Have I ruined my Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for sharing your question.  With weight gain you have affected some of your tummy tuck results but it is unlikely that you caused any injury to the skin, fat, or muscles.  The best method to ensure your long-term results and appearance would be to follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen that incorporates core strengthening exercises and keeps your weight fluctuations to a minimum.  Hope this helps.