Does Voluma filler come in 1.5 ml syringes?

My doctor said he would charge me $800 per ml of Voluma filler. I received two syringes in the procedure but he said each syringe was 1.5 ml. In every search for the answer on this, I am seeing that Allergan only dispenses Voluma in 1 ml syringes so I feel I am not getting a straight deal here.

Voluma amount in one syringe

Voluma comes in a sterile 1cc pre-filled syringe from Allergan.  Some physicians may add more anesthetic to it prior to injection to get a more dilute result in certain areas.

Dr. Liu

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma comes in 1.0 cc syringes only.

Radiesse comes in 1.5 cc syringes.

Possibly additional local anesthesia 0.5 cc was added to the syringe.

Voluma and Syringe

Voluma comes in one cc amounts and an expert injector can make two syringes go very far.  Please consult an expert in Voluma for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question. Voluma comes in 1 ml syringes, and is a phenomenal option for adding volume to your face for up to 24-months. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Keep in mind that there are ways to revise incorrect or inefficient Voluma injectibles in the path to creating the look you desire.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. Voluma only comes in 1 cc syringes. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Does Voluma come in a 1.5cc syringe?

Thank you for your question. Voluma comes in a 1cc syringe. A different filler, Radiesse, comes in a 1.5cc syringe

Voluma only comes available in the US with 1 cc syringes.  The price per syringe is probalby slightly lower than average around the country.   2 syringes of voluma may or may not be adequate in your case.  Unfortunately, treating volume loss in the face can be an expensive procedure depending on the person.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma syringe size

Thanks for your question! Voluma only comes in 1ml syringes.  The amount of money you are being quoted per syringe appears appropriate, and maybe even less than what I've seen quoted typically.  Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Size of #Voluma syringes

Voluma comes in only one size syringe: 1 cc. If I were you, I might return to your injector and ask to see the syringes that are used in his practice; perhaps they are not Voluma, but Radiesse, which comes in 1.5 cc syringes, or he is diluting each syringe of Voluma with 0.5  cc of lidocaine (which I would not recommend as it changes the rheologic characterisistics of this filler such that you would lose the lifting effect).

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Does Voluma filler come in 1.5 ml syringes

Voluma is currently only produced in 1.0 ML syringes. The typical cost is $800-$900 per syringe, so it looks like the cost is right but the ML's is definitely wrong. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon