How soon after the initial visit can you go in for voluma touch up to add more product?

Voluma

Voluma can last up to 2 years; however, each person metabolizes the product at a different rate.  Since bruising and swelling can occur immediately after filler injections, you should wait about 2 weeks before considering getting more Voluma.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Voluma lasts up to 24 months - and sometimes even longer - so it is important not to overinject during the initial stages before you can see any improvement. I suggest that you move forward and consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. You should heed the recommendation of your surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait 2 Weeks Before Adding More Voluma

I would suggest that you wait at least 2 weeks before adding any further Voluma. You want the initial swelling and any bruising to subside before re-assessing your results. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma Can Last Up to 18-24 Months: Varies by Individual

When you should touch up Voluma partly depends on your individual metabolism and partly on your desires. As long as you have waited a couple of weeks after receiving your Voluma injection and your swelling and bruising have subsided, it is perfectly acceptable to add more filler. In fact, many patients prefer to be conservative in the first session and add to the overall look in two or more sessions, rather than be unhappy with too much volume, which would then need to be dissolved. Consult in person with a board-certified dermatologist so you can come up with a plan that works for you

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and touch-up

I always tell my patients to wait two weeks after Voluma was injected to see the full effect and decide if more product is needed.  You don't want to inject more product until the swelling is all gone.  Best, Dr. Green

Hello, and thanks for your question. I would give it 2 weeks for swelling subside, but after that no reason to wait. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma touch-up

Thank you for your question. If you were my patient, I would have you return in two weeks once swelling has resolved to assess results, and if touch up is necessary, would do so at that time.

Touch ups

There is no specific timetable for touch ups, but most patients can see their final result after two weeks so it makes sense to wait until after that time period.

Camille Cash, MD

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Juvederm lasts 6-12 months (voluma 12-24 months) in most people, with swelling lasting up to 2 weeks after treatment. I advise coming back after the initial two week period, but consult your injector for their own evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

When To Add More Voluma

I don't think there is a set time limit for this and different injectors probably do different things. I like to wait at least 2 weeks for any swelling to resolve and the filler to settle in before adding more. Adjustments can be made on a case by case basis. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon