How soon after the initial visit can you go in for voluma touch up to add more product?

Voluma Can Last Up to 18-24 Months: Varies by Individual

When you should touch up Voluma partly depends on your individual metabolism and partly on your desires. As long as you have waited a couple of weeks after receiving your Voluma injection and your swelling and bruising have subsided, it is perfectly acceptable to add more filler. In fact, many patients prefer to be conservative in the first session and add to the overall look in two or more sessions, rather than be unhappy with too much volume, which would then need to be dissolved. Consult in person with a board-certified dermatologist so you can come up with a plan that works for you

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and touch-up

I always tell my patients to wait two weeks after Voluma was injected to see the full effect and decide if more product is needed.  You don't want to inject more product until the swelling is all gone.  Best, Dr. Green

Hello, and thanks for your question. I would give it 2 weeks for swelling subside, but after that no reason to wait. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma touch-up

Thank you for your question. If you were my patient, I would have you return in two weeks once swelling has resolved to assess results, and if touch up is necessary, would do so at that time.

Touch ups

There is no specific timetable for touch ups, but most patients can see their final result after two weeks so it makes sense to wait until after that time period.

Camille Cash, MD

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Juvederm lasts 6-12 months (voluma 12-24 months) in most people, with swelling lasting up to 2 weeks after treatment. I advise coming back after the initial two week period, but consult your injector for their own evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

When To Add More Voluma

I don't think there is a set time limit for this and different injectors probably do different things. I like to wait at least 2 weeks for any swelling to resolve and the filler to settle in before adding more. Adjustments can be made on a case by case basis. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Voluma Touch Up and Timing

Thanks for your question!  I like to tell my patients to wait two full weeks for any touch ups on filler.  This way you can tell what is filler vs. swelling.  This of course is just a recommendation.  There is no medical contradiction to having more injections performed sooner than the two week mark!  Best of luck!

When to schedule a Voluma touch-up

Juvederm Voluma is a facial filler injected to temporarily improve the contours of the face. It lasts up to 2 years.After you've had an injection, I recommend my patients wait 2 weeks for all of the reactive swelling to go away and for the product to settle. Injecting earlier is safe; however, you're chasing a moving target. I like to see all of my patients after 2 weeks. At that visit, we can use 3D imaging to evaluate your outcome.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Touch up after Voluma

Thank you for your question. You can add more Voluma immediately if needed, however my suggestion would be to wait two weeks before returning for a touch-up. This way any swelling you many have after the injection will be gone and the product will look its very best. Good luck to you.