Voluma for jowls? (Photos)

I had 2 syringes of Voluma for pre-jowels. The Dr didn't inject it into my cheeks, he put it around my jaw line and near the pre-jowels. I still see where the jowels are. Is it normal to injection it that way? It still feels hard and red with out makeup

Voluma for Pre-Jowl Area

Yes, I often use Voluma in the "pre-jowl" area to lift and rejuvenate the face. It is not unusual to experience some redness and swelling post treatment. Both should diminish with time. Hope this helps. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Based on your photos, there appears to be some improvement.  Voluma is a great product.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  I would suggest that you see your injector for an in-person reevaluation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations.  Additional product may be required for optimal results.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Voluma for jowls

Yes, this is a common area that I inject every single day.  The pre-jowl area as well as the malar areas are key areas for Voluma to lift the skin and rejuvenate the face.  Please consult a specialist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma for jowls?

Injection of the pre-jowls can help minimize or eliminate the marionette lines as part of what has become known as the "Liquid facelift". See the attached video for a demonstration of this concept.
Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in the Jowels

Thank you for your question. Yes, it is normal for physicians and injectors to place product in the pre-jowel sulcus to help with some lift to the area. And while I do see improvement, you may benefit from having additional product injected into your cheek area (especially laterally towards your ears), or even along your jawline, or posterior jawline. This can help to both lift the tissue, and to better sculpt and define your jaw. With Voluma, the area can look red and feel firm for at least a week or two - all of this is normal. It will soften up with time. Best of luck! 

Volma

Thank you for your question. The injectables will take 2 weeks to take effect. Voluma is a great way to counteract the appearance of jowls by increasing volume in the cheeks. Kybella is a very effective injectable for removing the submental fat that creates the double chin as well.  Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for lower face

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. At this point I think you would benefit most from Voluma placed into your cheeks to provide structure and lift, thereby softening the lines in the lower 1/3 of your face. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for pre-jowels

Thank you for your question and the photos. I do see that you have some noticable improvement in the after photos. Treating the pre-jowels typically requires a combination of treatments for the best result. Fillers can be used to smooth out the chin/cheek transition and in the cheek bone area to lift the cheeks back up which has the effect of reducing the jowel-sag, kybella or cool-mini can be used to decrease the fat in the double chin and Ultherapy cna be used to tighten and lift.  I find that most people need a combination of thses for optimal results.Sincerely,Dr. Quenby Erickson

Improving jowls with Voluma

Injecting into the prejowl sulcus is helpful for improving the look of the jowls. It doesn't make them go away, it just hides them a bit. I do see improvement in the after picture. Adding some to the cheeks can lift the jowls as well and that's another place filler can help jowls. If it still feels hard and red after 4 weeks, you need to see you doctor to get it looked at because this is not normal.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma for jowls?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Depending on the correction you discussed with your injector, Voluma can be placed along the back portion of the jaw to help lift some of the tissues that overhangs the corner of the mouth.  These injections do take approximately 2 weeks to reach a natural feel and appearance.  If you have not seen any benefit your tissues may require additional filler to help smooth the jowl region.  In many cases these injections reduce the excess skin but further camouflage can be pursued with an injection of a different filler in front of the jowls. Hope this helps