Is it ok to do an otoplasty during summer?

My doctor said that i should avoid an otoplasty at that time of the year because the heat isn't good for the healing proccess of my ear and it might get infected.After that i had an appointment for tommorow but she cancelled it again because she said that she cant operate tommorow so i will have my otoplasty in two weeks from now.I've got the feeling that something isn't right and that she is trying to avoid me for some reason.

Summer surgery. otoplasty

Hi. Thank you for your question. The otoplasty surgery can be done in any season of the year. During my career I never had any complaints regarding the heat or sweat and my doctor`s office is located in Cancun Mexico where it`s  quite hot all year. Most importantly is a good hygiene and good alimentation after the surgery. I hope this helpful.

Otoplasty

I do not place seasonal restrictions on otoplasty patients.  It's important to have a relationship of trust and good rapport with your surgeon; if "something isn't right," it may be time for another opinion.  Best of luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty candidate

An otoplasty procedure can be performed any time of the year. Performing an otoplasty is a very safe procedure and it  is very rare to get an infection.