What is the best easiest and least expensive way to fix a Turkey neck?

How to treat a turkey neck

Thank you for your question. Without photos, it's difficult to say for sure - but I'm happy to give you some general information. For some people turkey neck means fat under the chin only; for others it means loose skin; still, for others, it's a combination of the two.In the first case, a treatment like Kybella can be used to get rid of the submental fat. Most patients need anywhere from 2-5 treatments to see desired results. Pricing is different depending on geographic region and the amount of product needed, but most places will charge anywhere from 500-900 dollars per treatment. While Kybella can help tighten some loose skin, it will not eliminate excessively loose skin. Often times, for patients who have loose skin under the neck, they may be a good candidate for Ultherapy. Ultherapy is an ultrasound-based modality, that is the only FDA-approved treatment to provide a lifting of the tissues. It can be used on all areas of the face, and causes the muscle and skin layer to produce collagen. Over time, this leads to a lifting of the treated areas - I usually tell patients they will see about a 20-30% improvement within 6 months, depending. While not as effective as surgery, it is a minimally-invasive procedure with basically no down time (some slight swelling and welts for a couple days) - and patients tend to like that. If a patient has both excess skin and fat around the neck, then I will often do Kybella and then treat with Ultherapy. The price of Ultherapy depends on the areas treated, and varies widely from roughly 500-3000 dollars. For most patients, the most effective way to treat a true turkey neck is through surgery - either through an isolated neck lift, or neck and facelift. This can be performed with liposuction, and can truly contour the neck. Sometimes the neck needs to be "opened" and a small incision is made in the crease under the chin to directly tighten the muscles. While all surgeries require healing time, most patients are feeling well enough within about a week or two to rejoin the general public. Pricing for these surgical procedures can vary widely - anywhere from 7-8 thousand to up to 17-25 thousand, depending on the type of neck / face lift and the amount of work that needs to be done.Best of luck! 

Treatments for turkey neck

Without photos, it is impossible to give you any kind of accurate recommendation. However, Kybella is a truly effective non surgical procedure for removing excess fat from under the chin. It does not, however, tighten loose skin. So, if skin and muscle laxity are your issue, you will probably be best served by a neck lift. My best advise would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

#TurkeyNeck treatment?

By "turkey neck" patients usually mean their neck has laxity and is droopy.  This can be corrected surgically if severe, or via #Ultherapy if less severe, especially in those wanting to avoid the potential side effects and high cost of surgery.  If you also or rather have excess fat under the chin, you would want to have one or more treatments with #Kybella.  There is some intending of the skin with Kybella in addition to reducing the fat under the chin, so if you have fat and mild to moderate laxity, this would probably be the way for you to go go. Then, if you still see any laxity after Kybella, you can still have Ultherapy.  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Turkey neck versus double chin and treatment options

I like to differentiate between a "turkey neck" and a "double chin". A turkey neck usually implies skin laxity and is common with aging. A double chin is usually associated with submental fullness or excess fat underneath the chin. The prior is usually best treated with a surgical procedure such as a neck lift although minimally invasive treatments such as ThermiRF, Ultherapy and Thermage maybe of some benefit. The latter (double chin) can be treated with Kybella, CoolSculpting CoolMini or liposuction. If you do have turkey neck, then I would probably suggest a plastic surgery consultation to discuss surgical and nonsurgical options.

What is the best and least expensive way to fix a Turkey neck?

Thank you for your question.  Without photos, it is difficult to give you any meaningful recommendations.  Mild to moderate loose skin with excess fatty tissue can be treated to some degree with nonsurgical treatments such as Kybella, Coolsculpting, and/or Ultherapy to name a few.  However, severe loose skin will require surgery.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options and how best to meet your goals.  Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- Neck Lift, VASER Hi Def Lipo/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport, Kybella

Neck lift is the only treatment for turkey neck unless its a lot of fat which can improve with kybella, thermage/ultherapy or a combination approach.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Best, easiest, and least expensive way to fix a turkey neck?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your decision to pursue an aesthetic procedure.  Correction possibilities include the full spectrum of surgical possibilities from minimally invasive Kybella injections to a full neck lift.  I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  They can discuss your best treatment options, as well as their costs and recovery time to offer you the best recommendation.  Hope this helps.

Fixing your turkey neck NY

The most common complaint facing patients is helping them test their turkey neck. It is a combination of Themage, injectable fillers Botox, Cool-mini, and Kybella. An in patient consultation is the only way to know what the best treatment is. Best, Dr. Green

How to fix a turkey neck

Your definition of a turkey neck may differ from others so I will be a bit general unless you want to submit photos. For some people a turkey neck means fat under the chin. In that case Kybella works very well. If you actually have loose skin and need smoothing, then a non-surgical option like Venus Freeze or InMode Forma is good. If you have loose skin and need more tightening, then I use InMode Fracture often. For many people this can give the results of a neck lift without having surgery. And finally, if you have very loose skin then you may actually need to seek a surgical option. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Approach to my Turkey Neck?

Dear Debi,I concur with the information you have already been provided. With so many lay descriptions for the problem you are describing there can be no substitute for a person to person consultation to help you with the decision because there are so many factors to be considered that even the best of photos cannot assist with. Seeing a plastic surgeon well versed in the surgical (invasive) and non-surgical (non-invasive) approaches to this problem will give you the best information you seek.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician