Recommended number of Kybella treatments?

I am very happy with my results after my first treatment with Kybella. I have a second treatment coming up, and a third a month later. If I'm happy after my second treatment, should I skip the third treatment? My doctor said most people do three or four treatments.

When your happy, we are happy

The number of treatments to achieve optimal results can vary from 1-6 treatments, but the average in my experience is 2-3.  If you are satisfied after two treatments then I would recommend stopping at that point.  We recommend waiting at least 4-6 weeks between treatments, but there is no upper time limit and you could always decide to get a  3rd treatment at any point after that.

North Platte Dermatologic Surgeon

Number of Kybella Treatments

Yes, if you are happy with your results after 2 treatments then my all means, stop. Hope this helps and glad that you are happy with your results. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Number of Kybella treatements

Thank you for your question.  Kybella works ideally in 2 to 3 treatments, depending on how much submental (under the chin) fat that a patient has.  Kybella works by dissolving this fat, which lies below the skin underneath the chin.  The decision to have 2 versus 3 treatments is best made by you and your injector.  I would assess your results after two treatments, and then decide if a third is needed.  

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and Number of Treatments

Kybella and the number of treatments is determined by both you and your doctor.  It takes 2 to 4 treatments generally depending on the size of your "double chin".  If you are happy with the results after 2 treatments I see no need for a third treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

How frequently to treat with Kybella

That is a great question and let me answer it in a little detail.  The labeling instructions state that Kybella can be reinjected as soon as one month after the first treatment.  I find that most patients are just beginning to see some improvement at the 1 month mark, and report a significant tightening and shrinkage in the second and third month after treatment, even for 4 months in some patients.   Most patients are going to want 2-4 treatments to get the results that they want.  But you might not want to wait for 3-4 months between each treatment and stretch the process out for a year or longer.  If you are likely to need several treatments and you want to get the process over quickly then you can be treated more often.  In most of my patients who need at least 2 treatments I would see them back at two months to perform the second treatment.  If they are close to their goal at the 2 month mark following the second treatment then they might wait another 1-2 months for the "final" effect to decide if the need more.  So its a balancing act between completing the treatments needed in a shorter period of time, but not doing more than you need.  So as you get closer to the improvement that you want then a longer interval between treatments may be helpful to let you judge.  Good luck and I am thrilled that you are enjoying your Kybella- our patients in Massachusetts have also been quite pleased.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Kybella

Hello, and thanks for your question. Most of my patients require 2 or 3 treatments for satisfactory results, but some require 4. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella Treatments

Thank you for your question. The number of treatments depends on the results you are looking for. Some patients may only need two treatments, while other patients could need three or four treatments to achieve their desired results. If you are happy after the second treatment, then you should talk to your injector about skipping that last treatment.

Recommend 2-3 treatments of Kybella for optimal results

I typically will recommend between 2 and 3 treatments for my patients to reach optimal results. You can always stop after the second treatment if you are completely satisfied with your results. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

More Kybella?

One of the great things about Kybella is that it can be tailored to every patient. Most patients need 3 or more treatments - but remember with every elective procedure, you are the decision maker!

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Kybella treatments

You can certainly skip your third treatment if you are happy with your results. The desired outcome is always the patients decision not the physicians. Congratulations on your results! Best wishes!

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician