50 yr old female. Starting to lose firmness and tone around my jaw area. Can I benefit from a Nefertiti facelift ? (photo)

I cannot afford surgery and wondered if I could benefit from a Nefertiti facelift ?

What Age is Best for a Facelift & the Costs

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift. During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift, individualized for each patient, that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.

The contributing factors to the cost of a facelift include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, medication cost and the anesthesia fee. Estimated fees may also be found here on Real Self, and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.

Would you benefit from a facelift?

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel on the inside, a facelift may be the solution to help you look and feel younger. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure. Based on this evaluation, he/she will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. Your doctor should make sure you have a full understanding of what results to expect.Always insist on a board certified surgeon!

Facelift

Thank you for your question. There are many types of facelifts including the S-lift, Weekend Necklift, Direct Necklift, SMAS lift, deep plan lift and so forth. At this juncture, the point is to broadly consider facelift surgery as a procedure that rejuvenates the lower two thirds of the face and neck. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. The in-person consultation will give you the best diagnosis for the procedure that fits with you. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nefertiti facelift for facial aging and laxity

Dear maricky3545:

Rebalancing the muscles of the lower face including the platysmal attachment to the jawline and depressor anguli oris (DAO), ie the Nefertiti “facelift”,  maybe useful to elevate the face skin when: ·         These muscles, in fact, elevate the facial skin, ·         The overlying skin remains well adhered to the underlying muscle, ·         There is little to no “slide” of the skin downward. Based on your description, this is not the case and would provide little if any benefit and for only the duration of the injectable muscle relaxer, Botox / Dysport (3 to 4 months). Please consider those options which will firm and tighten the skin during this early period of face and neck skin aging. These include: 1.    Well monitored Obagi, ZO Skin Health skin stimulation with retinoids 2.    TCA or Controlled Depth Peels 3.    ThermiTIGHT for the lower face and neck In all cases, consult with a talented and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who provides non-invasive, minimally invasive and surgical options for your best results. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Nefertiti Facelift

If you can not afford surgery then why not give a Nefertiti lift a try? Just be certain to manage your expectations. Also, keep in mind that you will need to get the Botox injections every 3-4 months to maintain the improvement and these costs add up. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Sorry, but botox in the lower face will not do much.  It looks like you have a double chin which  may be amenable to lipo and if you have loose sagging skin, then some sort of a lift would be appropriate.

Nefertiti Facelift

Thank you for your question.  "Nefertiti Lift" is the  injection of Botox into the platysma and the lower face.  While this may give the appearance of a lift it is only temporary.  If you are not ready or can not afford surgery you may want to look into something that will last longer and help you to enhance your skins tone, texture and lax skin.  Ultherapy is a good non surgical treatment that can last up to 2 years.  There is no down time with this procedure.  I would also suggest an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over treatment options that may work best for you.

Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Neferititi Lift and Cost

The technique you are referring to uses Botox or any neurotoxin to relax certain muscles and give a "lift" to the neck and jawline.  Since this is NOT permanent, every 3-4 months you would be back for more.  All when evaluating any results from that procedure, you will also want to know if fillers or other skin tightening treatment were combined with it.   Given the cost of surgery, necklift, and the long term cost of Botox over a five year period at least, you have to decide based on your own values which is for you.  However, you should speak with a board certified plastic surgeon to get all your options.

Nefertiti Lift

It is my impression that the "Nefertiti Lift"is injection of Botox into the platysma and the lower face to try and achieve a lifting effect.  It is also my impression that there are better ways to spend your money on creating this effect that will last much longer.  The treatment algorithm to consider is Ultherapy on the minimally invasive side or a surgical lift on the more invasive side. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck contour

Hello and thank you for your question.   It depends on your skin laxity.  With poor skin elasticity, a necklift will be best.  If you have good skin elasticity, then submental liposuction will help.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD