How long am I required to stay in the hospital after a facelift operation or non-surgical face treatment?

No hospitalization required with facelift

In general, unless you have a health condition that needs to be monitored, there is no hospitalization required with a facelift. Many patients choose to spend the first evening or two in a facility with round the clock nursing care, but this is for their own comfort, not safety. A non-surgical facelift is also an out patient procedure with significantly less recovery time. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

About the Facelift Procedure

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. The LiteLift™ is an innovative facelift developed by board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Larry Nichter and myself which benefits many male patients. The goal of the #LiteLift is to provide a less invasive natural looking option for both men and women desiring to refresh their appearance with less downtime and risks. The LiteLift® is a “real” facelift, which does address the underlying muscle, tissue and overlying skin.

The technique requires limited incisions and takes a vertical lifting approach, in contrast to the traditional facelift, which requires extensive incisions and lifts or pulls the face towards the ears horizontally. The modern techniques used allow us to perform most LiteLift® procedures in the office under local anesthesia. Also, removing the risk of general anesthesia opens the door for more people to pursue facial surgery. All too often people do not move forward with undergoing the desires facelift surgery due to their overwhelming fear of the risks associated with general anesthesia.
This is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.

Surgical and Non-Surgical Facelift - Recovery

Thank you for your inquiry. Post surgical facelift it is not necessary to stay hospitalized or overnight at a surgical centre. I advise my patients to have someone with them at all times at home and to drive them to their post op appointment. As for a "non surgical facelift" there is also little downtime as well as no need to be hospitalized or stay overnight. Be sure to always consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of Luck to you .

Facelift

Thank you for your question. There is much that is required for the healing process from a facelift. You should be able to resume normal activities within a few weeks, but your stay in the hospital will be based on your healing progress. Ultimately, this is a question best answered by your board certified facial plastic surgeon during your consultation. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hospital stay following a Facelift

Thank you for your question. Typically, a Facelift procedure is performed in an outpatient ambulatory surgery center - or if the patient is healthy and well-motivated to save on facility and anesthesia costs - in the board-certified plastic surgeon's office. Unless you have underlying medical issues to the contrary, no inpatient hospital stay is usually indicated. 

Aftercare for facelift

Hi.  The good news is that you get to go home and sleep in your own bed after your facelift.  My patient's typically spend a few hours in the recovery room after their facelift but then go home after that.  I typically bring them back the very next day for evaluation and to further discuss instructions.  Surprisingly, there is very little post-operative pain after a facelift. 

Joseph R. Coscia, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Recovery

A facelift is most commonly an outpatient procedure, meaning there is no overnight stay required. Some patients who prefer to stay overnight are welcome to do so and generally stay over with a nurse for one night. There are many reasons one might choose to stay overnight but it merely comes down to convenience. We also arrange for some patients to have a nurse or aid with them at their house. 

Ultimately, the location of your surgery and recovery will depend on your surgeons own experience, preference, and whether or not they have their own facility. Talk to them to find out what their preferred routine is. 

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelifts

good afternoon, only my patients from out of town stay in overnight. even then most elect to stay in my hotel. the majority like going home with specific post operative instructions. best of luck . Dr. Whetstone

Following a facelift procedure I usually required my patients stay in the 23 hour stay area of the hospital outpatient center until the following morning.   This way the patients are monitored through the night and go home feeling pretty good. I cannot think of any non-surgical face treatments that would require a stay in the hospital.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Post op facelift hospitalization.

A routine facelift does not require hospitalization. If you live far from your surgical facility,  you will likely be asked to stay in the area for routine post op care the following day however. A complicated medical situation may require additional consideration. Thank you for your question. 

Stephen Fink, DO FAOCO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon