What are the risks and long-term effects of buccal fat removal?

What are the risks of the actual surgery? How common are they? Is buccal fat removal an overall risky procedure? What are the long term effects (especially for an Asian male with a high fat face) of the removal? I'm 18 now, but how will a buccal fat removal affect me when I am, say, 30-40 years old? Will I look much older than I am?

What are the risks and long-term effects of buccal fat removal? #buccalfatremoval #buccalfat #chubbycheeks

Buccal fat removal is a plastic surgery procedure that like with any other surgery could be associated with post- procedure discomfort, swelling, bruising, infection. Long term the cheeks will not retain the pre-surgical fullness. The link bellow has additional information about the procedure.

Patients interested in knowing most of the risk and long term effects of buccal fat removal  should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face to address those questions.