My right eye becomes smaller than my left eye. What is the cause and what should I do now? (Photo)

I got a viral infection on my right eye 7-8 month ago but after curing I found that my right eye becomes smaller than my left eye and the eyelid dropped. My question is - Why this happens and what should I do now ??My right eye become smaller that my left eye and eye balls also become asymmetrical ... That's look wired and disgusting .. What is the cause of of and what should I do now ????? Please Help

Eye gets smaller when smiling usually due to ptosis

It appears you have right upper eyelid ptosis (droopy) which can be corrected with ptosis surgery. (The right eye may also be more sunken but difficult to tell from photo.)  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Smaller eye after viral infection

It appears as though your right upper lid is droopy. We call that 'blepharoptosis' or just 'ptosis.' There are a number of causes of this condition. You should visit with an ophthalmologist to determine which cause it might be. If no underlying problem is identified and you were my patient, I would suggest you wait a year from the time it drooped to see if it recovers before surgically lifting it.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Possible eyelid ptosis

The drop in the eyelid can be from many different reasons which are hard to establish.  However if the eyelid stays low it can be corrected throughout surgery of ptosis.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to do for droopy eyelid

Thank you for sharing your problem. It is not possible to determine exactly what the issues are and appropriate treatment without a comprehensive in-office evaluation. Make an appointment with an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon for detailed examination.  Good luck,

Asymmetry, right eye smaller than left

It appears from your photograph that you have ptosis on the right. An examination by an oculoplastic surgeon can confirm a diagnosis and give you some solid information about treatment. You are a handsome man - drooping of your lid causes a sleepy look - not disgusting. This can be repaired with outpatient surgery, minimal down time - bruising maybe, but no pain. See an experienced oculoplastic surgeon who will be able to provide good results for you. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon