I've had these malar bags even since I was a child (Photo)

I've had these Malar bags even when I was a child my 2 yr old son looks like he is getting them too..any way to remove these or are there any non surgical treatments? Also is there any prevention that would help my son?

What to Do-Malar Bags Treatment, Lasers (Fraxel, Co2), RF treatments, Fillers and peels

Lasers, RF treatments, fillers, and peels work best in this area. Your son is so young, at this point it would be best to provide proper skin care and wait. I suggest seeing an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Malar bag treatment

I once read a journal editoral on malar bags (festoons) wherein the author essentially stated there are many solutions to this problem. He went on to assert that when a problem has many solutions, its usually because none work well all the time on most people. Unfortunately, it is true that malar bags are not an easy thing to fix. Having tried many treatment options, the one I find works the best most on the most people, is CO2 laser resurfacing.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Malar bags

Malar bags are a common complaint.  Many patients ask about lower lid surgery to correct the fullness but malar bags are anatomically distinct form the lower eyelid structures.  They are actually part of the cheek.  The fluid looks like it could be suctioned but the fluid is not distinct.  Think water in a sponge, not water in a balloon.  Unfortunately, there is no easy fix for malar bags.  Sometimes lifting and supporting the cheek structure (ie cheek lift) is appropriate.  Fillers can mask the fullness as can fat injections.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in delaing with lower lid issues.  Good luck!

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon