Does buccal fat removal affect the appearance of aging?

I'm a 18 year old Asian male and am considering buccal fat lipectomy. I've noticed that high buccal fat (and comparatively high levels of facial fat in general) is one of the reasons Asians tend to age so well compared to Caucasians. Will a lipectomy affect my ability to age well? I don't want to become wrinkly as I age and want to keep the Asian aging benefits.

Buccal fat removal - will it age me?

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal.
  • Asians age well compared to Caucasians because they tend to have thicker skin which gives better protection from the sun.
  • However removing buccal fat can lead to poor aging - unless there is too much fat.
  • The best way to decide for yourself is to look at your relatives -
  • If they are 55 or older, do they still have chubby cheeks the way you do? Would they look better to you if their cheeks were slimmer? If so - you will probably do fine with buccal fat removal.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC