Am I a candidate for blepharoplasty & buccal fat removal? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Am I a candidate for buccal fat removal? = there is a high chance. #buccalfat #buccalfatremoval #chubbycheeks
Young patient with chubby cheeks (fullness of the anterior lower cheeks) are usually candidates for buccal fat removal surgery. This procedure removes the fullness of the lower cheeks thus helps to achieve a chiseled face.
It is important to know that in order to have a good buccal fat removal results, the patient should have good cheek bones. If the cheek bones are not well defined, the results of the surgery will be suboptimal. Therefore, buccal fat removal patient candidates with weak cheek bones should enhance their upper cheeks in order to achieve chiseled look.
Am I a candidate for blepharoplasty & buccal fat removal?
Stephen Weber MD, FACSLone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon
Blepharoplasty and buccal fat removal?
- I think your idea of a blepharoplasty and buccal fat removal are a good place to start.
- The blepharoplasty will remove the excess upper lid skin.
- The buccal fat removal will remove fat from your mid-cheek, giving you more facial definition.
- If you clench you clench your teeth, your masseter may also be enlarged as it appears to be on one side.
- If you have these done and then want more facial definition/angularity, then chin and cheek implants would be your next step but the first three can all be done in the office easily.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.