Wound Dehiscence After Brachioplasty? (photo)

I am 1 week 4 days post op. exactly one week post op a lil hole opened in my right arm pit area.. I'm very concerned and have no idea how to take care of this. Should I be concerned? Do I need stitches? There is no bad odor

Arm Lift Healing Problems

Unfortunately the arm pit is a difficult area to heal because of frequent motion and high normal bacterial counts, sweating, etc. Arm lifts therefore occasionally have problems like this, especially in the axilla (arm pit).
The most common reason would be absorbable sutures that are reactive and being pushed out  through the the skin.
The good news is that your arm lift will heal. It just needs more time.
See your board certified plastic surgeon to be checked.

Wound Dehiscence After Brachioplasty?

This is not a rare occurrence following brachioplasty, and looks rather minor as these can go. Proper wound care advice should be readily available and should come from your surgeon. All the best. 

Wound Dehiscence After Brachioplasty?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  The incision line opening that you demonstrate does occur occasionally with arm lifting surgery. These areas generally go on to heal with local wound care and without sequelae. In other words, you should do well with nothing more than some protective dressings. Your plastic surgeon will guide you.

3 Days After Columella Reduction and Tip Surgery. I Appear to Have Unsightly Alar Retraction?

What is shown in the posted photos are a very very minor suture line issue that can be healed by good local wound care. 

Follow up with your surgeon

I would suggest you contact your surgeon and arrange an immediate follow up. He or she will be best able to advise you on what, if anything needs to be done........and more importantly, if something does need to be done they will be in the best position to provide you proper follow up care.

Best of luck.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Wound Care After Brachioplasty

Dear Grisyaya,

Please contact your surgeon for guidance.

A proper evaluation and followup including an examination are needed. An online forum is not an appropriate place to answer your question.

Best wishes for your recovery,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Wound healing

First, you shouldn't be raising your arms up in the air as you did to take your photo.  This range of motion increasing the tension at your incision line increasing your risk for delayed healing.  The incision in the arm pit is the one area we do on occasion see healing problems.  The arm pit area is moist and there can be a lot of motion in this area with natural arm movements increasing the risk of a healing problem.  Please talk to your PS about your postop care instructions.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

ARMLIFT

This does happen from time to time, try to keep your arms up above your heart to decrease swelling, wash with soap and water and apply polysporin and things will close in time. Make sure you are eating a high protein diet

Opening after armlift surgery.

Thanks for your question.  First and foremost I would contact your surgeon and have them look at things.  They will know better than anyone else what needs to be done.  Often times small openings will close on their own.  I would make an appointment with your surgeon and have them take a look at things.  Good luck.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Wound dehiscence after brachioplasty

Thank you for your photos.  The wound dehiscence is most likely due to sutures that came out.  They are relatively small areas without redness around it.  With local wound care, they should heal.  You should contact your plastic surgeon and ask how she/he would want you to care for them.