Why do I have red patches under my neck? (Photo)

Just a few weeks ago I was getting laser hair removal for the first time on my face and neck area. My face is fine but my neck has developed very red blotches, should I stop the procedure or is this normal? Very concerned, I have been putting Cortizone on it to hopefully make it go away. It has been like this for the last couple of days. What do I do?

Laser Hair Removal

You should see your laser hair removal physician in person for proper follow-up.  Skin can often get irritated following laser hair removal or it can get irritated if you shaved the area prior to your treatment.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like a simple rash, perhaps brought on by ingrown hair following your treatment?  This can be a normal reaction, but just to be safe, see your physician in person.  Good luck, Doc Halliday

Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon