2 days since my first Brazilian laser hair removal apt, is the hair supposed to be showing this much stubble already? (photo)

I know it takes several treatments to see results but did it even work at all with this much stubble already growing back after 2 days? She did it so fast it seems like it's not gong to work.

Laser Hair Removal - Need for Multiple Treatments

Thanks for your question!I totally understand your concerns, but don't give up hope!  It is totally normal to not notice much of an improvement after only one treatment session.  I tell my patients it may take 2-3 treatments in order to notice a big difference.  Hang in there and as always, discuss your concerns with your physician!  Best of luck!

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a Series of Treatments

You will not notice any substantial improvement after one treatment. I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. It takes a series of treatments for improvement in hair reduction. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Results from LHR after one treatment

This is expected. It takes about 8-10 treatments with your skin type to see significant results. With only 1 treatment, nothing will be noticeable to the naked eye. It takes about 30% hair loss to visibly see a result. Usually after 3-4 treatments, patients see some improvement. With darker skin types, the process is slower so as to be safe and not damage the skin.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Rapid regrowth after first laser hair removal session?

Hello, thanks for you question.  What you may be seeing is the damaged follicles working their way out of your skin. You can actually give a little tug on the follicle and see that it will release very easily. It will definitely be multiple treatments, as there is only about 20% of the total follicles in an area in the growth cycle at any one time. Be sure to stay on cycle for the series of treatments for best results.
Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon