Will my ingrown hair be completely gone after laser hair removal? (Photo)

I have received 2 sessions of laser hair removal and these two treatments were done without removing my ingrown hair. The nurse said it will make the ingrown hair and darkness go away. But even after two sessions, i don't see any improvement. I see my hairs are growing slow which is good thing but i care more about my ingrown hair.. I really want to know that this treatment worth more than 1500 dallars for me.

Ingrown Hair

The lasers target the melanin (pigment) in your hair follicle, however some people may get an ingrown hair here and there as a result of such treatments.  Sometimes you will need to "help" the ingrown hair break through the skin in order to remove it.  The good news is that each laser hair removal treatment generally affects 10-15% of the active hair follicles so after each treatment you should fewer and fewer active hair follicles that can potentially produce hair / ingrown hairs.  A good technician with the proper laser wavelength and settings should take good care of you in 7-10 treatments.  Spacing between treatments is also key: 4-6 weeks on the face/neck and 6-8 weeks on the rest of the body.  Best of luck, Doc Halliday

Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal -- Seek an Expert

Laser hair removal should get rid of ingrown hairs completely. I suggest discussing any concerns with a board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer