Diode laser hair removal, elos plus vs lightsheer?

I know that both use the same technology, but do both work exactly the same? Do both give the same results? I have done lightsheer and I'm happy with it so far, but I'm thinking of switching to another clinic which uses elos plus. Thank you for your feedback.

Laser Hair Removal

The type of device is not important, the wavelength/ spot size and settings with an experienced provider is.  I recommend that you not make a decision on price alone.  
Most providers follow the industry standard wavelength for lighter skin types with dark hair is 765nanometers (nm).  For darker skin types it's 1064nm also known as a YAG wavelength.  Best of luck, Doc Halliday

Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal

Both lasers will remove hair.  I use the LightSheer Duet laser which has a large hand piece with a vacuum for fast, comfortable treatments.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Laser Hair Removal -- Seek an Expert

In my practice I use diode lasers for the best outcome. I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. It takes a series of treatments for improvement in hair reduction. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lightsheer vs Elos Plus for Laser Hair Removal

They aren't exactly the same. The Lightsheer Duet is considered by many to be the gold standard diode laser for hair removal. It's vacuum adds more comfort, more safety to the treatments. It is a very quick procedure as you know. The Elos plus adds radiofrequency to the pulse and reports this gives better efficacy. I have not seen that this technology improves hair removal. I would think it would add to discomfort and it would be slower. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD