If I have chlamydia, should I still have my tummy tuck, lipo, fat transfer and breast augmentation tomorrow?

I had been battling a UTI since last Wednesday and took ciproflaxin that wasn't helping was prescribed something stronger and went away, when they did culture said it tested back negative . However I don't have the uti or its symptoms anymore but dr said I have raised white blood cells aND I have surgery tomorrow. I'm confused if I should have surgery tomorrow or wait . What are some consequences if I do decide to go forward with surgery ?? I am married 6 years and hubby swears not possible?

Active infection & surgery

No. I do not think it is a smart idea to have surgery -- particularly with implants -- when you have an active infection. Post pone your surgery until you are completely healed. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Warning on Active Infections

This is a very important question. Having an active infection of any type is not a great idea when having an elective cosmetic surgery - especially with an implant involved. Any surgeon uses greater precaution on a surgery involving an implant of any type. Implants are not living tissue and cannot fight off infection. Having an active infection could pre-dispose you to getting an infected implant. This could lead you to multiple surgeries and procedures to repair a situation that could have been avoided all together. Please wait for surgery!

Surgery

Thank you for the question and it is better to be safe then sorry and would delay my surgery as, if informed about your condition, your surgeon will probably want to do.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Surgery with Infection

I would discuss this with your doctor, but in general, I recommend not undergoing elective surgery while you have an active infection.  Best of luck!

Surgery with active infection

It's best to call you PS.  In general, surgery when you have an active infection is a bad idea, especially in an implant case.

Kyle Song, MD

I appreciate your question.

Best to make your surgeon aware of your situation since you have an active infection.  Then he/she can decide how to move forward at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Chlamdyia and surgery

You need to let your PS know what is going on ASAP. Postponing surgery would one let your body heal from this infection and two not add in unnecessary risks to your procedures. 

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

This is a question for your surgeon. Please contact his or her office to let them know what is going on. Best wishes,

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Possible infection?

I would let your surgeon know because if you do have an active infection, it's best to delay your case, especially since you will be getting implants. No need to put yourself at risk knowingly.