When Can I Have Oral Sex and Sex After Rhinoplasty?

Is waiting a month good for sex and oral sex!!

Resuming strenuous activity after rhinoplasty

I'm blushing.  But in all seriousness, personally I allow my patients to resume light cardio (treadmill, elliptical) after 2 weeks, and full workouts at 4 weeks.  Any trauma to the nose should be avoided during your recovery.  

Sex after rhinoplasty

Some sexual relations can be restarted within a few weeks provided that you are healing ok.  Strenuous activities should wait 4-6 weeks.

Sex After Rhinoplasty

It is generally recommended to wait 4-6 weeks after most surgical procedures including rhinoplasty before resuming strenous activities and sex.  Avoid trauma to the nose.   This is not all necessarily bad news.  We often recommend to patients that they get creative!  Limitation in one activity can lead to very exciting opportunities in other areas.  Be gentle, be creative and enjoy!  All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Sex and Oral Sex After Rhinoplasty

Hi Jessica,

You won't find the answer to you question in any of our rhinoplasty textbooks!  Your suggestion of waiting about a month will be "good for sex and oral sex."  If you find that you are too randy to wait, then if you are on the "recieving" side wait about 10 to 14 days, if on the "giving" side wait at least a month...and avoid any trauma to your nose.  Good old fashioned sex has been performed early on, but we recommend about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks before "exerting" yourself.  I'm sorry that this answer is so long, I know that it's a "mouthful" to take in at one time.  Enjoy your new nose, and you know what.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sex after rhinoplasty

Barring a direct blow to the nose, you should be fine at 3 weeks for sex and other moderate exertion. 

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

When Can I Have Oral Sex and Sex After Rhinoplasty

I would not recommend vigorous activity for at least 2 weeks following rhinoplasty to reduce the risk of bleeding.  As far as anything else, avoid trauma to the nose.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA