It's Three Weeks Since my Rhinoplasty, I've Noticed a String in my Left Nostril. What Should I Do?

String in nostril post-rhinoplasty

It is probably a stitch that has not dissolved. Ask your doctor about it and it can be removed.

It's Three Weeks Since my Rhinoplasty, I've Noticed a String in my Left Nostril. What Should I Do

The string in the nostril is probably a suture.  This may be absorbable, but you should contact your surgeon to determine if this is the case.  Do not remove it yourself.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

String in nose 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

It is most likely a suture that dissolves. These are put in to close the internal incisions. Best to see your doctor to remove it.

String in nostril after rhinoplasty

I would recommend contacting your surgeon.  It's possible the string could be connected to something that would make it dangerous for you to remove on your own, but only your surgeon will know for sure.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suture

The string is probably a left over suture that is being resorbed. Your doctor or nurse would be happy to clip it for you. At this point, it is not likely to hurt the results.  Allthe best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon