What is the Cost of Arm Lift?

Brachioplasty Cost - Arm Lift Fees

Brachioplasty is a procedure to remove excess skin and fatty tissue from the upper arm. Arm tissue relaxes and descends with aging, gravity, and weight loss. Especially after significant weight loss, most people are left with stretched and excess skin that no amount of exercise will improve. Every patient is different and the price will reflect the amount of time the surgeon will need to perform this surgery and your geographic location of course. In Montreal and Laval Quebec, the average rate is $5000-$7500. Be sure that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to making any decisions. Best of luck, 

What is the cost of an arm lift?

Hello!  Thank you for your question.  Costs for a brachioplasty (arm lift) will certainly vary depending amongst surgeons as well as on your geographic location. Things to factor in from the surgical standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, surgical garment, etc.) A range in price ~$4000-9000 is not unreasonable. $5-7K would be a reasonable cost on average. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve aesthetically-pleasing arms for you. Good luck and best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Cost of Arm Lift Surgery

The cost of an arm lift will depend on a variety of factors that include:

• Your geographical location
  • Surgeon’s experience
  • Surgeon’s expertise
  • Anesthesiologist’s fee
  • Facility fee
  • Additional procedures performed (example: liposuction)

Where you live will be a key factor that determines how much your arm lift will cost. The price will generally run higher in major metropolitan areas due to the increased cost of overhead. Surgeons with more experience and higher expertise may charge more due to their specialized training. Generally, an arm lift typically averages between $4,000 and $8,000. However, this is only a rough estimate and will fluctuate based on the various factors stated above. Lastly, it is not uncommon for an arm lift to be performed in conjunction with liposuction and/or with other body contouring procedures combination to help achieve the figure they always imagined. The price will increase if other procedures have been elected to be performed at the same time.

Scott Chapin, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Arm Lift Surgery

Thank you for your question regarding the cost for arm lift or brachioplasty surgery.
I would suggest you consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. I would try to see insurance can cover the arm lift procedure. In California, I have had success with some insurance policies covering some arm lift or arm reduction surgery.

If insurance is not an option, you will have to pay cash or credit. Prices vary widely depending on surgeon’s experience, geographic region, length of surgery, hospital or surgery fees, etc. The most important thing is to make sure your plastic surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery AND has significant experience in arm lifts. I would suggest you follow my law of 3/50/100. I would suggest you consult with at least 3 plastic surgeons to obtain their fee range. Travel even out of state, if you must. I would insist on seeing post-operative pictures of at least 50 different patients. I would be sure your plastic surgeon has performed personally (not assisted or during their training) at least 100 arm lifts or brachioplasties.  Do not elect to have arm lift surgery with the lowest priced and often, least experienced plastic surgeon. Be prepared to pay a little more for an experienced arm lift plastic surgeon. By paying more, you may minimize your risks of complications and expensive revision surgeries.

Good luck with your quest for skinnier arms.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Brachioplasty pricing in Tucson, AZ

Pricing of an arm lift (brachioplasty) is going to differ greatly from surgeon to surgeon.My practice is located in Tucson, AZ and we charge about $4,700 including anesthesia, facility and surgeon’s fee.Without a consultation, this is a rough estimate as the fees will vary based on length of the procedure and complexity.When you come in for a consultation, you will leave with a written quote specific to you and your needs.

Brachioplasty in Midwest, US: $5,000-$7,000

Brachioplasty is a commonly performed cosmetic surgical procedure. The cost of brachioplasty is variable and depends upon several factors, including the surgeons fee, facility fee and anesthesia charges. Fees in the Midwestern United States typically range between $5,000 and $7,000.

Brachioplasty is frequently performed in combination with other cosmetic procedures. Under these circumstances, multiple procedure discounts are usually applicable. The cost of brachioplasty is important, but patients should also consider their surgeon’s experience and qualifications. It’s absolutely essential that you’re able to communicate with your surgeon and have a comfort level as well.  

Brachioplasty Fees Columbus, Ohio

The average fee for a brachioplasty at The Sullivan Centre in Columbus, Ohio is about $5700. An exact quote can only be given following a consultation and examination appointment. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Armlift cost...

If you recently had a great deal of weight loss, or you just want to get rid of that loose, saggy skin on your arms, then an arm lift is an excellent choice.  After the surgery, you will have some bruising and swelling, but after a few weeks you will start seeing the great result.  Depending on the facility you choose in which to have your procedure, the prices may vary.  Usually an arm lift can start at about $4,500, and may go up from there to include anesthesia, tax, and a facility fee as well. 

Cost Factors for Arm Lift, Brachioplasty

The average cost of an Arm lift as Listed By RealSelf  as of this writing is about $9000 for a traditional facelift. It is less then that or a limited scar technique.

However, prices vary greatly depending on the amount of skin that is required to be removed as well as the amount of liposuction required.. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons   that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board  certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery 

Arm lift costs

The cost will vary depending on the length of the operation. I would estimate it to be between $5000 to $7500 including anesthesia and facility. Any bilateral operation tends to be more expensive as you are basically performing the operation twice.