How Much Does a Body Lift Cost?

What is the range in price for a full body lift, assuming insurance will not cover any part of the surgery?

Cost of a Body Lift

The cost of a body lift will depend on a variety of factors that include:

• Your geographical location
  • Surgeon’s experience
  • Surgeon’s expertise
  • Anesthesiologist’s fee
  • Facility fee
  • Procedures elected to be performed

Where you live will be a key factor that determines how much your body lift will cost. The price will generally run higher in major metropolitan areas due to the increased cost of overhead. Surgeons with more experience and higher expertise may charge more due to their specialized training. Generally, a body lift typically averages between $4,000 and $14,000. However, this is only a rough estimate and will fluctuate based on the various factors stated above. Lastly, a body lift is a combination of 2 or more body contouring procedures to achieve a sleeker, tighter figure. The price will fluctuate based on what procedures have been elected for the body lift to produce optimal results.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a Body Lift

Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them.

See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure.

General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

#bodylift
#bodyliftcost

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

How Much Does a Body Lift Cost?

Costs for cosmetic procedures are influenced by the scope of the operation (I.E. how many different procedures are combined into one) as well as the time in the operating room and under general anesthesia.  In most places, the fees for anesthesia and surgical facility are determined by the length of the operation rather than flat fees.  The longer the operation, the greater the fees.  In Houston where I practice, a lower body lift can cost between $15,000 and $25,000, depending on what is done and the length of the operation.  An overnight stay in the surgical facility is necessary and included in these fees.

Paul Fortes, MD

Body lift costs

A body lift means different things to different people.  Assuming that you are referring to a circumferential abdominoplasty that will address the abdomen, flanks, lateral thighs, back and buttocks...the cost will be between $8-14K depending on where you live and the specifics about what you need done.  Choose your surgeon based on training, experience and the rapport you build with them.  That will lead to far better results and satisfying outcomes than trying to find the best price.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Plastic Surgeon Oakville
Ass't Clin Professor
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Cost of body lift

The term "body lift" means various procedures, all of which are part of body contouring after massive weight loss. In my practice this means a full abdominoplasty and buttock lift in a circumferential way, meaning with an incision that goes all the way around the body. This can be done all at once or in 2 stages. The cost is generally $16,000-$20,000 depending on multiple factors. It's best to be seen by a plastic surgeon as early as possible so that you know what to expect and are able to plan for both recovery and cost.

Orna Fisher, MD

Body Lift Cost, Connecticut

Depending on where you live, cost for body lift can be very different. Costs usually include. Operating room fee, Anesthesia fee, Doctors fee and a possible Overnight stay fee. This can range from $15,000-19,000. I hope this helps. 

All the Best,
Dr. Sofer

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Cost of total body lift

Thank you for your question. The cost of a total body lift will vary according to the geographical area in the country, the experience of the surgeon, and other factors as well. When considering having this type of surgery, you must be aware of the three fees that need to be paid in full: the surgical fee, the anesthesia fee, and the facility fee. I, as the owner of our own  ambulatory surgical facility, just give my patients the global or total fee for the surgery. With surgeons who choose to operate in hospitals or other surgical facilities, additional bills may come from these entities, so don't get caught by surprise. Also, it helps to shop around a bit, and visit a few surgeons to compare the prices, but make sure they are all certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Please read the blog post below to help clarify things a bit. 

How Much Does a Body Lift Cost?

This depends on the area that you live.  Larger cities likely charge a bit more than smaller cities.  In our practice the total cost approaches about 18K with OR and anesthesia fees and overnight stay.  I hope this helps! Good Luck!

COST OF BODY LIFT

The price of a body lift is different depending on which city you live in as well as the surgeon you choose.  Try not to choose a surgeon just because of his or her price for the procedure; cheaper is not always better in the long run.  Research for only board certified plastic surgeons in your area and review his or her before and after gallery.  Then schedule a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure as well as obtain a customized estimate for your individual needs.  My office currently has a special on body lift procedures.  Please call my office and speak to one of my patient care coordinators for more details.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

How much does a body lift cost?

Costs for a body lift will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, surgical garment, etc.) A range in price ~$9000-25000 is not unreasonable. $9-11K would be a reasonable cost on average. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD