What is this weird pain after gynecomastia surgery?

I had gynecomastia surgery about two weeks ago with gland removed and a little bit of lipo but not much. however i had no pain after the surgery. However, lately I have this pain when i take a deep breath or if i move my left arm a certain way. The pain feels like they accidentally left a piece of metal in my skin. It is a stabbing pain followed by a burning sensation. Is this nerve damage and will it go away or should i be worried that there is a piece of metal in there?

Pain and Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery

As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding.
Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Pain

It could be swelling, nerve trauma, musculoskeletal... Without examining you it's impossible to know.  Be sure to follow up with your doctor so you can get a proper exam.

Pain

See your surgeon just in case

This may be nerves regenerating, but I recommend that you see your surgeon just in case. Better to have them examine you.

See your surgeon just in case

I am sorry to hear about the new onset discomfort you are experiencing. Pain with respiration can be a sign of an underlying pulmonary problem,  that should be diagnosed and treated. Best to follow-up with your plastic surgeon; online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Best wishes.

Pain after gynecomastia

Pain can be normal especially after the sensory nerves "reawaken".  But it might be a good idea to check with your surgeon to be sure. Good luck.

Pain after gynecomastia