What should I do about my shifted nose cartilage? (Photo)

I was playing a soccer game and I hit into a guy and my nose immediately started bleeding and it blocked my one nostril completely and has been bleeding out my nose and down my throat for 6+ hours it's the cartilage. What should I do?

Nasal trauma

You should be evaluated in person to see what is going on. You wan to make sure you do not have a septal hematoma. In the acute setting, if the nose is displaced, it can be reset and often centralized.

What should I do about my shifted nose cartilage?

Thank you for your question. that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

See an ENT

From the photo and your description,  you might have a septal hematoma.   This is an emergency,  and you should be seen by an ENT ASAP.   Another possibility is that you've dislocated your septal cartilage.   You should see an ENT either way.   With admitted bias,  I  would recommend an ENT or facial plastic surgeon rather than a general plastic surgeon in this case.    

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose trauma

Hard to tell from this photos what is going on. If you are having a nose bleed that is not stopping, you should consider seeing your doctor or emergency room. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, it is difficult to determine exactly what is going on. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD