I had rhinoplasty surgery early Monday morning.. My eyelids are so swollen, how long will they be like this?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Swollen eyes

It can take a week for eye swelling to decrease after a rhinoplasty. Icing helps expedite the process. You can also ask your doctor for a short course of oral steroids to help it. 

Regards

Dr J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-operative Swelling

Thank you for your question!  It is quite common to have swelling and even brusing under the eyes after rhinoplasty.  This will begin to subside withing a few days.  A majority of the swelling should be resolved by one week after your procedure.  However, you still may have some residual that will simply resolve with time.  Be sure to discuss this concern with your surgeon.  Also, sleeping in a semi-upright position (45 degree angle) will allow gravity to keep the swelling down.  

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swollen Eyes after Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  No worries.  Swollen eyelids are very common after a rhinoplasty.  There are things you can do to lessen them, though.  First all make sure you are taking all the medications given to you by your surgeon.  This includes antibiotics and sometimes an anti-inflammatory such as steroids.  Keep your head elevated while sleeping and resting, lying in a recliner is a great idea!  Use ice packs and as tolerated start a gentle massage.  Begin the massage on the eyelids near your nose and slowly go out towards your ears.  Do this four to five times a day. Check in with your surgeon or surgeons nurse of course and let them know, too.  Good luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon