Can cool sculpting harm an unknown pregnancy? Only 4 weeks along just found out last night!

Had cool sculpting done on one side of my back upper bra area. I was supposed to go back tomorrow for the other side and than Monday for the flanks. I paid them in full and now they are only willing to give me a credit. Can I use them on my arms and legs while pregnant?

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is not recommended while pregnant because there are no studies to evaluate if it is safe during pregnancy.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend CoolSculpting during pregnancy as controlled studies have not been done for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Perhaps you can save your credit for 6 months after pregnancy. All the best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting During Pregnancy

Coolsculpting is not recommended during pregnancy as no controlled studies have been done on patients who are pregnant. I wouldn't stress too much over something in the past as the stress can cause more harm than good. 

I would recommend discontinuing your Coolsculpting until after you have the baby. I would just save the credit for after the pregnancy; however, I may suggest questioning them about not being willing to issue a refund for the applications not received. Unless you signed something that says they do not issue refunds, it doesn't seem right that they would be unwilling to refund for the applications you cannot receive right now.

I hope this helps,

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting during pregnancy

I would not recommend CoolSculpting during a pregnancy.  First things first my dear.  No cosmetic procedure would ever be considered safe during pregnancy and really should not be offered even if a patient wants it and states she is willing to 'take the risk'   It is just not worth the risk for your unborn child.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting during pregnancy

CoolSculpting is not recommended during pregnancy as I belive controlled studies have not been conducted specifically for this population. I would consider delaying further CoolSculpting treatments until you are no longer pregnant. 

Marine Demirjian, MD
Glendale Internist

Coolsculpting and Pregnancy

Coolsculpting and other cosmetic procedures are not recommended during pregnancy.  I would not recommend these treatments now.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting and pregnancy

CoolSculpting is not recommended during pregnancy, but there should be no harm from your recent treatment to your just discovered pregnancy.   The decision to treat or not during pregnancy is ultimately up to you and your treating physician.  I would recommend waiting to have further treatments until after you deliver and after breast feeding your infant, if applicable.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon