Voluma vs Radiesse?

I've had radiesse injected into my cheeks, with the apple placed more laterally to produce a look which gave my face definition and angularity. Radiesse seemed to give me more of a bony augmentation because the filler is harder. I was wondering if voluma is capable of giving me enhanced cheekbones as radiesse did. I am worried that because of its hydrophilic nature, it will look more like a fatty augmentation and round my face.

Voluma vs Radiesse

Is Voluma an alternative to Radiesse? Yes and No. I think Voluma has several advantages over Radiesse. It is completely reversible if there's a problem, it lasts almost twice as long, it's softer than Radiesse and molds easier, and is FDA approved for mid face volume.

Radiesse has advantages as well. Radiesse is more volumizing and gives a better mid face lift because of the viscosity of the product. It also emulates bony augmentation better than Voluma though Implants would be a better option in the long run.  To achieve the same result as Radiesse, it seems an individual may need slightly more Voluma for the same effect though for bony augmentation, such as weak cheeks or chin, Radiesse will still be the favorite.  Unfortunately, you can't reverse it if you don't like it which is why fewer practitioners offer it but Radiesse can really lift moderate to severely sagging skin (no injectable product can give the same result as a facelift in these individuals) better and more cost effectively than Voluma.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma vs Radiesse?

Both products are wonderful and can produce the same effects.  Radiesse does not have the longevity of Voluma, and in my practice, I feel that Voluma causes less swelling then Radiesse. Nonetheless, both work great. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Voluma And Radiesse Work Well For Nonsurgical Cheek Augmentation

Since I have a satellite practice in Israel, where Voluma and blunt-tipped cannulas have been regulatory agency approved for many years already, in addition to my Upper East Side of Manhattan office, I have had the opportunity to be injecting Voluma routinely for many years. In my experience, it has proven to be an excellent and durable volumizing filler, particularly for cheek augmentation. Voluma imparts a very smooth look and has the advantage of being dissolved with hyaluronidase if necessary. 

I find that Radiesse, which I have been using successfully for more than two decades imparts a slightly greater lift, and for this reason I prefer to use it, either alone or in combination with a hyaluronic acid volumizer, when performing The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Facelift or The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Necklift. 

When appropriate, I sometimes combine both agents for nonsurgical cheek augmentation Consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with long experience with the use of all available injectable fillers and volumizers is essential for tailoring the best choices to your particular needs.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Voluma vs Radiesse for cheek augmentation

I've historically used Radiesse for cheek augmentation. However, Voluma has several very nice qualities that make it an even better filler for cheeks. It can create the same definition and when injected properly should not create a "fat" or round face. The filler lasts up to two years which is longer than Radiesse. It can also be dissolved if you were to have a complication from injection (uncommon). Radiesse cannot be removed. Further, the price point is very attractive. Some offices are charging more for Voluma because it's new but in time it will likely be priced very similarly to the going rate for Radiesse. As a parting thought, seek an experienced Voluma injector as this is a new product in the US.

Radiesse vs Voluma

Both Radiesse and Voluma are injected at deeper depths. Often when I use Radiesse in the cheeks I end up putting a softer filler like Restylane over it so that it doesn't have the hard, angular look to it. I'm hoping that with the volume of Voluma I can just use that product instead. Even though Voluma is an HA filler it has a firmer stability with it, so it should not look fatty when injected properly but should give a soft but firm fill to the area.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Voluma versus Radiesse

Hi D,

Both Radiesse and Voluma are excellent facial volumizers.  They both volumize the cheeks very well.  Voluma claims to last up to 2 years when adequate amounts are used.  More important than which filler is used will be who you choose as your aesthetic injecting physician.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma vs. Radiesse

Both products are excellent for giving definition to the malar area. Both are injected deep just above the cheek bone which gives them that cheek enhancement effect. Voluma is thicker than the other HA's so it does not draw water in. With both what you see is what you get. The FDA has established that Voluma may last  two years which would be an advantage. Both are very safe and you should do quite well with either.

Voluma vs Radiesse

Thank you for your question. Voluma will provide a very natural look. In the right hands it can certainly assist with the angle and giving the face more dimension. As always, we recommend seeing an experienced injector to achieve the desired outcome.

Voluma vs. Radiesse

Voluma does an excellent job of producing a natural looking lift of the cheeks. Consult with an experienced and expert physician injector to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Voluma vs. Radiesse

Both Voluma and Radiesse give outstanding results in patients who want an immediate change in construction of the lower or mid face. The upside to Voluma is that it is a longer lasting filler that is completely reversible unlike Radisse. I suggest consulting with an cosmetic physician with expertise in injectables, who uses innovative techniques to get the best results for his/her patients. Best, Dr. Berger.

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician