Achy left lower leg 2 days after tummy tuck surgery?

I am a worry wart in general, but for the past hour I've noticed my left leg is achey. It's not painful, nothing is hot or discoloured. No other symptoms other than a slight ache. Should I be concerned?

Thank you for your question. This is a very important question as the primary concern with leg cramping in the legs after a surgery could possibly be a blood clot (or DVT). This needs to be addressed ASAP as this problem is treatable but can progress to more serious problems if not treated. You should call your surgeon immediately and be seen for evaluation.

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your tummy tuck procedure.  In most instances this is the result of positioning during surgery, as well as during your recovery, which leads to muscle cramping and tightness.  It is important, however, to voice this concern to your surgeon as they know your full medical history and can better advise you as other issues, such as a blood clot, need to be considered and ruled out.  In many instances a blood clot would manifest with increasing pain and a size discrepancy in the diameter of your lower legs.  Hope this helps.

Leg pain after tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry. Leg pain after a tummy tuck is something to discuss with your plastic surgeon.  I would be concerned about a possible blood clot in your leg.  

Thank you for your question I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. They are most familiar with your medical history and details of your surgery. Your surgeon will want to know about this new pain, so that they can evaluate whether there could be a blood clot in your leg. 

Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Achy leg post TT

HI Daisy,

You should let your surgeon know very soon. like today, about your leg pain. It is a possibility that you could have a blood clot there which you would not want to ignore.

Give him / her a call and let them know.

Dr. Christine Rodgers