Is the V beam laser safe to use in Indian skin?

hi i have red erythma from acne which has lasted for a few years my questions is can the v beam be used on my skin type. I have been to about 10 different docters all them have told it cant be done and that if i do get done i will be left with hypogimentation. So please do help guide me as to whether it is safe and the necessaery steps i should take thanks.

In general, it is not a good idea to perform any pigment- ariented lasers (VBeam®/pulsed-dye laser/Alexandrite hair removal laser/ruby diode laser/Nd:Yag brown spot or tattoo removal laser) on even even mildly darker skin types. 

Miami Dermatologist

VBeam Laser for Darker Skin Types

It is difficult to assess your specific concerns without a picture, however generally speaking, the VBeam laser is safe for all skin types, and is the gold standard for safely and effectively treating vascular issues.

Darker skin types absorb more heat, therefore laser settings must always be adjusted accordingly in order to avoid hyper/hypopigmentation. While treating darker skin types can come with higher risk for complication, if you are under the care of an experienced physician utilizing the appropriate settings, there should be no issues. Seek out a board certified Dermatologist that has extensive experience using lasers on a wide variety of skin types. Best of luck!

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

V Beam Laser -- Safe in dark skin tones and all skin types

V Beam is color blind and can be used on darker skin tones. With any laser comes potential side effects including swelling, redness, pain, bruising, burns and change in pigmentation. Please seek an expert. Best, Dr. Emer