Swelling in inner elbows after brachioplasty.

I had bracioplasty 7 weeks ago & still have swelling & discomfort in inner elbows. Doctor says its fluid retention & could take up to 6 months for complete healing. Iceing dies not help. Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing?

Swelling in the elbows?

Swelling after arm lift can be frustrating. I have recommended wearing a compression garment that drops down all the way to the wrist, similar to those used for after breast reconstruction with lymphedema. Lymphatic massaging might also help.

Speak with your plastic surgeon about these options.

Warmest regards, Dr. ALDO

Compression

Hello,You would need to be evaluated to ensure you don't have seromas.  If not, then firm compression using specially made compression sleeves will help.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Arm Lift Healing...

Greetings, 

The recovery for an arm lift (brachioplasty) is different for each patient. It is about 4-6 weeks before patients feel 100% “normal” again, it depends on the evolution of the healing and cares taken. Maintain close communication with your surgeon and make sure to follow his/her recovery instructions. 

Thanks for put your trust on us. 

Have a great day!

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in inner elbows after brachioplasty

I find that the swelling subsides in 3-4 months in most cases. There is no magic remedy to speed this process up.

Michael Hueneke, MD