Is a mini-arm lift worth it? (photos)

I am 45 years old and I would like to remove the fat and possible skin from the inner top part of my arm. I DO NOT want a full arm lift due to the scar. Would it be worth it? I am having a tummy tuck and I am looking to have the mini-arm lift simultaneously.

Mini-arm lift crescent arm lift full arm lift brachioplasty VASER arm liposuction

Hello,No, I not think you will get a satisfactory result from a mini-arm lift.  I believe you will wind up with a sub-optimal result and a scar.  You have too much upper arm skin and fat.  The upper arm mini-arm lift or also called a crescent arm lift.  The crescent upper arm lift is designed for patients with smaller arms than you. The best surgical option is a full arm lift or arm reduction.  An arm lift is called a brachioplasty.  In your case, the arm incision would extend from the armpit to the elbow.  Arm liposuction is performed at the same time.  An arm lift or arm reduction is performed under general anesthesia and takes about 3 hours to complete.If you cannot have an arm scar, you may be a candidate for VASER arm liposculpting. VASER arm liposculpting removes fatty deposits from the arm.  The crescent upper arm lift does just as its name implies, it only does the upper arm.  The crescent or mini-arm lift will not remove fat from the elbow.  VASER arm liposuction will.  In addition, VASER arm liposuction can make your arms look more feminine and/or more muscular.  The benefit of VASER arm liposuction and liposculpturing is that the VASER heats the undersurface of the skin.  Heat generated by the VASER is thought to lead to better skin contracture or shrink wrapping around your arms.  In conclusion, I would either do a full arm lift (brachioplasty) or VASER arm liposculpting.  I would not suggest a mini- or crescent arm lift. Thank you for your question regarding the mini- or crescent arm lift.  I wish you the best of luck.  If you have any further questions, regarding an arm lift (brachioplasty), please contact my office. Sincerely,Dr. J. Timothy Katzen  

Mini arm lift?

From your photographs, it does not seem like a nini arm lift would offer you much correction. You might consider doing liposuction and then considering a full arm lift or shortened arm left to approach the results you would like. You need to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who could explain the differences and expectations so you are not dissatisfied in the long run.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift or liposuction

Hi Pocahontasbeauty,
Thanks for your question and photos. I think that the best treatment would be liposuction with laser or ultrasound treatment of the skin/collage to get you smaller arms. This would mean minimal scarring and eliminate the need for a minibrachioplasty. In order to know for sure you need an in person consultation to know if your arms are more fatty or more muscular to see if it would benefit you. This certainly can be done with your tummy tuck. Get several opinions from board certified plastic surgeons. I am not sure how much a mini-brachioplasty or arm surgery would add to your final result. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#brachioplasty #liposculptin

Mini Arm Lift Wont Work

Hello,Your arms are thick and heavy, and need liposuction more than skin excision. Mini armlifts do not address the circumferential laxity that may exist, but instead pull a small amount of skin in the axial direction. Go visit a few ABPS certified and ASAPS member surgeons.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Mini arm lift

Thanks for your question.  I share the opinion of my colleague who noted that mini lifts often get mini results, but I would go farther and note that in addition to limited results, the incisions from mini arm lifts can be quite problematic.  Usually the incision is placed within the underarm, rather than along the length of the arm.  With every movement of the arm, it is placed under tension, which can lead to scar migration or widening.  Consequently, in addition to a suboptimal result, you could end up with a suboptimal scar.  Discuss with your surgeon whether your skin tone would permit improvement with liposuction, possibly supplemented with a skin tightening technology.  Best of luck.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Is a mini-arm lift worth it?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you would benefit from liposuction and an arm lift.  If you're dead set on not having a full arm lift and its full length scar, a limited scar arm lift can be performed and provide some improvement, just not the optimal contouring you would get with a full arm lift.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mini Procedures Yield Mini Results

Hello Pocahontasbeauty, Your request echos what we hear often from patients. Everyone wants "mini" face lifts, "mini" tummy tucks, etc. but they don't want "mini" results! They expect these procedures to also provide them with MAXimum results and no scar. Unfortunately, companies offering non-surgical procedures and unscrupulous medical professionals proliferate this idea with their marketing. But, this is not a realistic view point and one experienced plastic surgeons work hard to help patients understand. Minimally invasive procedures and "mini" anything provide the same in results: Minimal, not long lasting results. Based on you photos, it is my opinion you are not a candidate for a short incision brachioplasty (Mini Arm Lift) This incision is very minimal and limited to the arm pit area, it would not remove any of the excess skin stretches to your elbow. What I would recommend is liposuction, possibly SmartLipo. You need to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in arm liposuction in person and have them feel your skin elasticity. If your skin is a good enough quality, after liposuction, you should see nice contour once the excess fat is removed and the skin given time to heal and tighten. They should make their best recommendation to you. I cannot imagine it would be a short incision brachioplasty!  Best of luck to you!

William Aiello, MD

Arm lift/ Brachioplasty/Skin Tightening/ Body Contouring/ High Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture to your arms.  With the skin contracture component of the Vaser, you may not need a Brachioplasty (arm lift). I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Arm lift worth it? YES!

Hello Pocahontasbeauty. Thanks for sharing your photos and these questions about arm lift. In your photos, I see a lot of hanging excess skin. Arm lift surgery usually creates very dramatic changes for excess skin in the arms. I believe there's enough skin excess for a good arm lift and the mini technique will not take care of all your excess. I usually perform the posterior arm lift technique, which places the incision in the back of the arm, and not in the front. This makes the incision more acceptable. You can see the results of the arm technique I use in the photo link below. It is very difficult to see the incision from the front. I would have to confirm what your photos show by doing a full examination. We offer free consultations for arm lift. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD